Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hackmii Installer v 0.6 on 3.1E?

Posted by arlington 
Hackmii Installer v 0.6 on 3.1E?
October 15, 2009 07:52PM
Hi all.

Since this is where I can put all my n00bquestions, I think I'll ask a bit about the latest Hackmii installer. I'm sorry for my somewhat idiotic language, I am completely confused by all the different versions on getting Homebrew Channel installed.

Not sure whether or not I'm going to softmod yet, but I got the bannerbomb exploit v 1 (compatible with Wii Menu version 3.0 - 4.1) and Hackmii Installer v0.6 which installs DVDX v2, The Homebrew Channel 1.0.6 and BootMii public beta 4.

My Wii is on 3.1E, and this is supposed to work for my systemmenu, but I can't find much about other people who has used Hackmii 0.6 on 3.1.

I also have Waninkoko's rev 14 which installs cIOS249, and his update to 4.0 as well as the one to 4.1. Not too sure about in which order I should do things.
Gonna follow the WiiBrew Homebrew Setup, and then what? Do I need a GC controller to install BootMii as boot2 (if my LEH1860x will allow this)? I have Wad Manager 1.3 - can I load the cIOS38_rev14-Installer.dol and the Firmware-Updater_4.0.dol through that if all goes well and I get Homebrew Channel installed? :'0

I've read about DVDX v2- every Homebrew app that uses DVDX is affected until they update so that their apps will work with DVDX v2.
Are the MPlayer CE and SNES9x GX not ready for this yet?

I'm only going to use my Wii to play with, and as a MediaCenter, with music and movies on my external HDD.

Thanks for reading my post. :')
Re: Hackmii Installer v 0.6 on 3.1E?
October 15, 2009 08:39PM
Install DVDx v2, it won't overwrite v1. Don't Waninkoko cIOS, it sucks and is not supported here, and these "upgraders" do more harm than good. If you must update, update every IOS above about 30 and system menu 4.1 with dop-IOS MOD.
Re: Hackmii Installer v 0.6 on 3.1E?
October 15, 2009 10:10PM
I don't have anything on my Wii as for now. But I plan on softmodding it. Therefore I can't overwrite anything.
So, I'm not to use Waninkoko's stuff then? But dop-IOS MOD to do an upgrade to IOS249? I need IOS249 for my USBHDD I think.
How do I use the dop-IOS MOD to upgrade to systemmenu 4.1? What do you mean by "update every IOS above about 30 and system menu 4.1 with dop-IOS MOD."? Am I going to have to update every IOS above 30?
How? By running dop-IOS MOD? That fixes everything?

Should I do that directly after (if) I manage to install Homebrew Channel? Do I start it in HBC or with Wad Manager 1.3?

Edit- read about dop-IOS MOD. But cIOS Patchmii Installer seems to be safer and easier. Am I wrong?

2nd Edit- ( It says on Wiibrew.org -"The IOS249 as installed by CIOS Patchmii Installer is a safer and legal alternative. ".)- That's why I asked.
If I install DVDX v2- I can still watch movies from my HDD? I did that on my old softmodded Wii. DVDX just adds the watch DVD movies ability?
Since I can't find the other answers I seek, all I wonder now is whether or not I can cancel the Homebrew installation if I run the Hackmii Installer and sees that bootmii on boot2 can't be installed?
Oh well. Guess I'll let someone else do it for me if I am still unsure on the things I'm concerned about when this weekend is over.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2009 05:27PM by arlington.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login