Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Taking the plunge with homebrew, some clarifications please

Posted by Myrmidon83 
Taking the plunge with homebrew, some clarifications please
October 18, 2009 03:28PM
Greetings all.

Been following the homebrew scene with interest for sometime, was only going to install the HBC once if was fully foolproof but after Nintendo's 4.2 update i'm thinking now is the time.

I'v read all the guides and the forum for days, i just want to clarify some things before i do it.

1. I have the hackmii 0.6 installer and bannerbomb v1 on my sd ready to go, i'm on 4.1E. I only intend to put some emulators on it to play the games that haven't been released on VC. I'm going to follow the wiibrew guide to install, so i intend to install the HBC obviously, not bothered about dvdx. But, going by my planned limited useage, should i install bootmii? I should mention my wii is an early one and i think could allow install as boot2.

2. As i'll be buying more games in the future, with probable updates included with them, is it safe enough to simply delete the homebrew channel if necessary in order to play them? I don't really want to mess about with wiiscu or stuff like that.

3. Upon uninstalling the HBC would it also safely remove bootmii from boot2? Also, if removed and i updated, i wouldn't have any issues using the shop channel would i?

Regards,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2009 03:32PM by Myrmidon83.
Re: Taking the plunge with homebrew, some clarifications please
October 18, 2009 03:33PM
1. Install Bootmii/Boot2: it's always good to have a safety net.
2. Gecko OS automatically checks for the updates on discs, installs them without updating the rest of the system. It can be played normall through Gecko OS, but not disc channel. However, if you don't wan to mess around simply updating should be good enough. The newest disc update is 3.4 and 4.2 is the only one harmful to homebrew.
October 18, 2009 03:48PM
Thank you for the swift reply!

I'll give it a shot.
October 18, 2009 04:41PM
3. Uninstalling HBC will not uninstall BootMii, but you can uninstall both seperately in HackMii Installer. You should not need to remove stuff before updating, nor should you need to update.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login