Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Some Important questions.

Posted by TyDoMaster 
Some Important questions.
October 24, 2009 09:00PM
Hello all. I have looked around for the answer to a few questions but I'm just getting more and more confused.
So I though I'd just ask.
My questions are:

1. I want to Install bootmii, but the article (Here:[hackmii.com]) I read said that if your Wii gets broken and you need to send it for repairs, bootmii causes the LED to go off when the Wii starts that lets you know it's installed, and that Wii make Nintendo send it back when it happens. I'm confused, is there a way to install bootmii without the LED thing?

2. I want to install the new Shop Channel, and Nintendo Channel but after the 4.2 thing I'm terrified. How can I safely install them? I'm on 4.1 by the way.

3. This one is concerning NAND. I am under the impression that a NAND backup is a complete backup of the Wii's Hard Drive, Meaning all you Channels Save, ect are backed up, and can be restored to over right the current NAND. Is that right? If so what is the best way to backup NAND?

4. This one is a bit of a stretch I know. I really don't want to update to 4.2, Like Never. However I do want to keep buying games. But newer games always force you to update before you play them. Is there a way to bypass that for good? I used to use GeckoOS to get buy that when I didn't want to update. But I'm not the only one who plays my Wii and I'm worried that My little brothers will accidentally run the update on a disc. Is there a way to make the Wii not check a Disc for updates?

Whew... glad that's done. Sorry for the long questions, but I just can't seem to get this sorted out.

Thanks in advance for the help :)
Re: Some Important questions.
October 24, 2009 09:08PM
First off:

Update to 4.2. The only way you could brick is if your power goes out during the update. I can't really think of any other reason.

If you're still scared, do this:

1.) There's no way to disable the LED. I don't really think that Nintendo would actually send it back unrepaired if the LED slot flashed.

2.) You can use WiiSCU to get the latest shop channel. Just make sure you install IOS61 -trucha. If you install it with +trucha, your HBC will flip upside down. Serioulsy. lol

3.) The best way to backup the NAND is by using bootmii, which you can install via the Hackmii Installer.

4,) Use Startpatch to disable the disc update. You'll need a cIOS (not supported here, so I can't give a link. Sorry.), and a trucha patched IOS 36.

I hope that helps you. :)
October 24, 2009 09:16PM
Thanks!

One thing though: what is "trucha patched IOS 36"?
How do I get it?
And Will it still work on 4.2?

Really appreciate the help.

EDIT:
Doesn't 4.2 remove cIOS That I will need for StartPatch?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2009 09:18PM by TyDoMaster.
October 24, 2009 09:20PM
I'm not sure the methods of getting a trucha patched IOS36 are supported here, as its usually used for piracy.....I'm sorry, someone smarter than me needs to help you out with that. :P
TyDoMaster
Doesn't 4.2 remove cIOS That I will need for StartPatch?
Hm? I don't think so....
October 24, 2009 09:27PM
Oh ok. I think 4.2 removes cIOS 249, and 252. Those where the only ones I knew of.

I guess I'll look around elsewhere for the trunca thing.

Thanks again for all the help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login