Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Benefit if Upgrading from 3.4 to 4.1?

Posted by toicy4ya 
Benefit if Upgrading from 3.4 to 4.1?
October 26, 2009 05:28PM
Sup Everyone,

Im new to the forum. I have a simple question before i softmod my virgin wii, what are the benefits of upgrading from version 3.4 to 4.1?

I searched the forum but havent come across a solid answer.
Re: Benefit if Upgrading from 3.4 to 4.1?
October 26, 2009 06:14PM
4.1 has SDHC support and SD Menu. And dont "softmod" your wii. Softmod is term used by fail guides designed to get your wii ready for piracy, which is not only unsupported here, its also dangerous. If you blindly follow those guides, you have no idea what you're doing, so cant fix it if something goes wrong. Also, most guides include illegal downloads.
October 26, 2009 06:40PM
SifJar,

thanks i'll take it into consideration, I apologize if i broke any rules. What is SDHC support and SD Menu?
October 26, 2009 07:29PM
SDHC support - Support for SDHC (SD High Capacity) cards, which have storage>4GB. Supported in homebrew on any System Menu, only supported in System Menu on versions 4.0 and up
SD Menu - Allows loading of WiiWare or Virtual Console from SD card. Although actually, it just temporarily moves it to the NAND, and then launches it, giving impression its loading from SD.
October 27, 2009 02:52AM
SifJar
And dont "softmod" your wii. Softmod is term used by fail guides...

...though technically short for "software modification" and thus exactly what the Homebrew Channel is. The HBC is not fail, it just technically is a softmod. The problem is what SifJar pointed out: the term has been co-opted by "fail guides" (a term I hate, something more descriptive would be better) and can't be used in a legitimate context.

I'm sorry, I just get seriously annoyed by that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login