Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I want to start all over again ! ! !

Posted by Jez.M 
I want to start all over again ! ! !
October 27, 2009 05:33PM
Hello People, have been looking all over the place and found various ways that your SD card should look like when all things are on there and mine does not look like any of them...... So i was wondering if it would be possible to totally get rid of everything and start ALL over again.... I know that i can get the HBC off....
Well that is it really i know i can do it, I guess because im new to all this i just wanted reassurance that it won't Brick my machine...

also would you suggest that when i re-instal HBC that i go straight to BootMii and do a backup before i put anything else on ! ! ! I'm thinking 1000% yes and that it is such a Noob question to ask but hey it was brand new yesterday and my mrs will take away any future children possibility's ( if you get my drift )

Any help will be greatly received and passed on when asked. . . .
Re: I want to start all over again ! ! !
October 27, 2009 06:10PM
If you can install BootMii as boot2, yes take a NAND dump instantly when you install it. If you can only install as IOS, it doesn't really matter, as if you brick and need to restore the NAND dump, you cant with the IOS version of BootMii.
October 27, 2009 08:06PM
How would i know if i can install as a boot2 ? ? ?

also how would i uninstall bootmii

Also the mrs is asking why the internet doesn't work ? ? ? and im wondering as well because i have a signal and she can use the wii fit thing and has a channel for that but when we try to use opera i can't get it to work....

to save you the frustration do you know where i could find a step by step guide for installing the opera browser, Un-instaling the bootMii and finding out if i can use Boot2 instead of ios ?

Most of the help txt's that i have come across just say do this then that and its done but with out explaining in more detail as to what certain words mean like what is the difference between boot2 to ios ???

I know I'm a noob but i have decided that all the knowledge i get i will try and make a complete noob idiots guide to doing .....

Sifjar... your a star and a gentleman and i thank you many times over for your help
October 27, 2009 09:28PM
When you run HackMii Installer it will say beside BootMii either "Can be installed", which means you can install to either (or both) IOS and boot2 or it will say something along the lines of "boot1 prevents boot2 installation. Only IOS installation is possible", which, obivously, means you can't install as boot2, you can only install as IOS.

The main difference between IOS and boot2 installations is if your Wii is bricked, you are more likely going to be able to access boot2 installation, which is loaded before System Menu, so no matter what you do, you should always be able to access it, but if you brick your Wii, you are probably not going to be able to access BootMii installed as an IOS, so it doesn't really help at all as brick protection.

As for the Opera Internet Channel not working, I'm not sure. You say you can connect to the internet in other channels? So then your internet is setup correctly, and you must have accessed Shop Channel successfully to download Internet Channel, so I see no reason for it not to be working. Are you sure your internet could not have been temporarily down? Try it again.
October 28, 2009 01:46AM
I will need to find out how i installed the Hackmii installer because i forgot and how to un-install the Bootmii so i can try again...

I haven't actually been able to get on to the shopping channel ? it says that the 24 hour thing is disabled and so when i go to the settings and try to sort it out as it asks me to it takes me to the shopping and it says that it isn't allowed or isn't possible to connect ? ? ? I know that the internet is working because i have down loaded apps from the HBB and used such ones as the earth map one ? ?

It is a wii bit late for me to go into detail on this now because my mrs thinks i am spending way too much time with the wii and the fact that its 1:44AM and i have been playing/sorting things out with it since 11ish this morning,
plus i can't remember fully what it said but i will have a look tomorrow while i have both machines running and i will be able to write the problem correctly to save confusion.

Thank you once again
October 28, 2009 01:15PM
Ok so here is what it say's pretty much word for word:

1) i try to get onto the Wii shopping channel and it say's:
You cannot use the shop channel because you have not accepted the Wii network services Agreement,
In order to use the Wii shop channel you will need to access the Wii settings - internet - Agreement/contract and accept the Wii network services agreement.

2) so i do as it say's and go to the settings - internet- agreement/contract page and this happens:
It says , " Would you like to use the Wii shop channel and the Wiiconnect24 ?"

So i obviously say yes.... and it then does this...

3) so i said yes and it is now trying to connect . . . . then it say's Wiiconnect24 and wii shop channel service is not currently being offered. ? ? ? ? ? ?

4) if i try the Wiiconnect 24 underneath the internet it does and say's exactly the same ? ? ?

Would this have anything to do with the fact that: A) i didnt update the Wii as soon as it asked me.(i think unlikely)
B) I am living in prague and these services are not here
( I highly doubt it but what it say's suggests that )
C) Something else altogether ? ? ?

As i have said before i can use the internet because i have down loaded some apps from the amazing HBB channel ? ? ?

Many thanx in advance
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login