Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Im a Wii virgin

Posted by Jez.M 
Im a Wii virgin
October 26, 2009 04:52PM
Hi all, Ok so my problem is:
1) I have brought a Wii today version 3.3. I have the HBB installed and working ;o)
I have tried to put the DVDx app on but it doesn't seem to work ? ? ? I chose Normal install & installation was successful ( all good) bit now i don't know how to get my DVD discs to work i have read that someone got films to work from their external Hdd but i don't wish to do this.

2) I have installed BootMii but it does not show up on the start up screen.... i am sure i know why because i didnt use boot2 ( I think it was said in another post ) but that is not the problem ! i can only get to it when i press the home button on the wiimote and when i do this the screen come's up but nothing happens ? so i was wondering what it was for ? i thought it was so i could play backed up games and play dvd's ?

3) On the HBB channel when i press the home button i got to a menu (the one i mentioned above) and the optionbuttons are as follows: back,
About,
Launch BootMii
Exit to system menu
Shutdown.

All self explanatory in the top right it says: 1.0.6
ios36 V 4.18

BUT in the top left hand corner it say's: Network not initialized ? ? ? What the hell does this mean ? ? ?

4) how do i do a NAND copy because i have had some very scary stuff come up on screen that froze the Wii and i had to pull out the power to get it to turn off. the first one said:

*******exception occurred!*********
context: (numbers & letter) (isi exception)
srro: ( then all o's followed by H) ssr1: (numbers & letters)
dsisr: (same as above dar: ( then all o's followed by H)
-----exception info trace---------
LOADS OF ROWS OF NUMBERS AND LETTERS

Then the 2nd one said:

exception (dsi) occured !
(loads of rows of number and letters)
stack dump: (loads of rows of number and letters)

code dump: (loads of rows of number and letters)

So any help with this would be an absolute god send a thank you in advance and hope they dont sound too daft a questions

So just to recap: 1) how do i get dvd disc's to play using the installed DVDx (i have tried using the disc channel & the bootMii)
2) what is the Bootmii for and did i install it correctly because it doesn't do anything
3) what does it mean by network not initialized in the HBB homepage menu ?
4) how do i do a NAND back up because of the scary stuff and what was the scary stuff

I know this is a long post but i havent even got to play on it yet and to top it all of the mrs will be home in a few hours and she will kill me if i have broke it lol ( funny but true)
Re: Im a Wii virgin
October 26, 2009 05:06PM
Also when i go into the Wii options, Data Management, channels,then sdcard that is when i get the
*****exception occurred*****

error ? ? ? why is this ???
do you think i have to reformat the sd card and re-install the apps on there ? ? ?

I'm not having a very good first day with this am I ! ! ! ! hahaha but to be honest from what i have read and seen on the HBB channel it looks awsome

once again thanx in advance

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2009 05:07PM by Jez.M.
October 26, 2009 07:09PM
To answer the recap:
1) After you installed DVDX, use MPlayer CE to play DVDs
2) BootMii is primarily to make NAND backups. And if you brick your Wii, you can still access BootMii to restore your NAND. To make backup, run BootMii, go to the wheel thingy, then press A on GC controller. Then go to the icon with the green arrow and press A again. Do not pull out the power before you completed your backup or else you'll brick your Wii.
3) Network not initialised means your Wii isnt connected to the internet. You need to connect your Wii before you can access HBB (im not gonna explain how to do that)
4) Go to 2).

About the exception dsi, i usually ignore it. You should not worry about it.

Whew, anything else?
October 26, 2009 07:15PM
Molzo, Thank you so so much, But when i press the home button on the wiimote on the HBC to get to the bootmii it doesnt do anything ? it just shows me the graphix on screen ? it doesnt show me any wheel thing ? am i getting to the bootmii in the correct way ?

also I have down loaded and used some app's from the HBB so it is conected to the net also when i test the connection it say working perfect.

plus i don't see an mplayer for me to be able to use it ? i know i have got it though ? ? ?
could you please tell me what folders i should have on my sd card please.

Thanx in advance

Edit: I have got the dvd to play yeah. . . .
Edit 2 im not sure if i mentioned but i cant get the internet AT ALL ( the mrs wants to use it )

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2009 09:41PM by Jez.M.
October 26, 2009 10:31PM
If you didnt install Bootmii as boot 2, you installed it as IOS (atleast if you installed it properly). If installed as IOS, go HBC and try to access BootMii. You should see a menu when you press 'Home' with 'return to sys menu'. If BootMii isnt there, try reinstalling Bootmii and then try again. If that doesnt work, uuuuhhhh...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2009 10:38PM by Molzo.
October 26, 2009 10:57PM
Yeah that is how i get to it BUT when i get to it it doesnt do ANYthing just stays on the beautiful graphicx screen ? ? ?
so that is why i think i may have loaded it wrong... but i can get to that it's just after that, that doesnt seem to be working ? ? ?

Thank you so much for your help with this i REALLY do appreciate this so much (not sure if its because your saving me from a beating from the mrs though lol)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2009 10:58PM by Jez.M.
October 26, 2009 11:37PM
You get into BootMii? Well then you need to use either a GC controller or the front buttons on the Wii to navigate. Wiimote cannot work in BootMii because its too low level.
October 26, 2009 11:41PM
how wouldi use the front buttons on the wii because i only have power, reset,and eject ? and i take it you mean to use a joy pad of some sort for the " GC controller"
October 27, 2009 04:36AM
I don't know off the top of my head what is what. But the power/reset/eject buttons are remapped to left/right/select in Bootmii
October 27, 2009 11:07AM
OK cool, Im gonna give it a shot and i will reply with which one does what for anybody else that may read this in the future....

I really do appreciate all this help guys....

I was also wondering something else this morning in bed....... How hard is it to write an app for the Wii ? ? ? Because i have an idea for one and it isn't out yet on either HBC or Nintendo Wii official ? Or at least i haven't seen it yet. . .
October 27, 2009 03:24PM
ok so i have the Answer's

The Power Button selects (moves to) the different options on screen and reset activates the choice that has been highlighted or turned white as it were.

Excellent.....

Well thank you all so much for your knowledge, Oh and by the way my internet is now connected ? it tells me my ip address yeah. . .

So just a re-cap for any one that can't understand my words.

1) On the Homebrew Channel press the home button on your Wiimote

2) that will bring up another menu that will say's About,
Launch BootMii
Exit to system menu
Shutdown.

Obviously you will want to press the Launch to BootMii option.

3) Then you will get to the page your looking for, and once on this page you will see for shaped sd cards on screen named:
Wii
The Homebrew Channel
SD(also with an sd picture inside)
Cogs ? (you will see)

so all you have to do is press the power button once to get to the Homebrew or Twice to get to the sd card picture or yes you guessed it three times to get to the Cog's, Now if you want to choose one of said items then all you have to do is press reset and voila your there. If you wish to go back to the Homebrew Channel then you just press the power button untill your on that option and press reset and you will end up back there.

Well i hope i haven't confused people with this and i hope this may of helped someone....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2009 04:52PM by Jez.M.
October 27, 2009 10:07PM
Jez.M
OK cool, Im gonna give it a shot and i will reply with which one does what for anybody else that may read this in the future....

I really do appreciate all this help guys....

I was also wondering something else this morning in bed....... How hard is it to write an app for the Wii ? ? ? Because i have an idea for one and it isn't out yet on either HBC or Nintendo Wii official ? Or at least i haven't seen it yet. . .

Depends...Do you know C++? If not, you have to learn it first, which could be hard, or easy, depending on how easy you find it to learn things. Also, depending on what the app is/does it could be harder to make. What is your idea?
October 28, 2009 11:30AM
No i don't know C++ but i am sure that it would be easy enough to do as it really isn't or wouldn't be a demanding program. . . I will look into it and let you know how i get on
October 28, 2009 01:12PM
Does the idea use graphics at all? If so, you have a long road ahead of you.
October 28, 2009 01:19PM
no not really, its not a game or anything it will just be for teaching. . . It can be pretty bland at first then when i learn more i could add more. . .
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login