Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is it possible to get a virus ? ? ?

Posted by Jez.M 
Is it possible to get a virus ? ? ?
October 28, 2009 06:09PM
Ok so i have been searching for a way to get on the net Via my Wii but if you have read my other post's for some reason i can't...

Anyway i have just had a thought.... Is it possible to get a virus via the Wii over the net ? ? ?
Re: Is it possible to get a virus ? ? ?
October 28, 2009 06:11PM
There is no virus out there known for Wii. It may be possible to download a trojan horse for Windows on there.
October 28, 2009 08:24PM
ok cool thanks, so what system does the Wii use because i have come across people talking about lynux and i also know that if you format your external hard drive your pc cannot recognise it, so what format is it... is it WBFS ? if so how can i format my hard drive with both ?

I formatted the whole thing using the Wii but then when i put it back to my laptop, it just said that it wasn't formated.
I have read some people saying that you must format it first with Wii then partition on your pc but that don't work because when i use Acronis partition expert, it doesn't let me partition because it only see's it as one whole drive ? ? ?

so i formated it on my laptop, used acronis to partition using fat32 and all was well copied films onto it and then when i went to watch ... Well thats a whole diffrent subject because it didnt work, but anyway when i tried to partition (format) it on the Wii it said format 2 but it came up with the whole size of the HDD ? ? ?

Very confusing to say the least. . . .
October 28, 2009 08:40PM
The Wii uses it's own operating system, not Linux or anything like that. You can CHOOSE to run Linux, but that's different. Anyway, WE don't support USB loaders and WBFS here, not even legal ones.
October 28, 2009 09:04PM
Ok so what is a WBFS ? ? ? i have just been researching and it seemed to me a way of LEGALLY backing up my games that i have so the little ones will not ruin them like they did with my Play station's. . .
so can i ask why this is not supported if it is a legal thing to do ? ? ? that is if the program is 100% self made with no illegal imports from Wii it's self ? ? ?
October 28, 2009 09:12PM
WBFS is a kind of format, like FAT 32. It is used by USB loaders. It is legal, but unfortunately, this information can be used by pirates.
October 28, 2009 09:27PM
Topic reeks of fail...
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.