Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reinstalling with Bannerbomb

Posted by MTPrower 
Reinstalling with Bannerbomb
October 08, 2009 12:20AM
Original post:
I used to have the Homebrew Channel working fine with Bannerbomb. I was upgrading my PC, and I needed my SD card that I used. I deleted everything off the SD, and when I was all done with it, I reinstalled HBC. This time, it was a newer version with Gamecube pad support, and the new release of IOS 4.2 was around, but I had not updated. I believe I installed the 4.2 Bannerbomb hack, but am not completely sure. Regardless, it works, but has a few issues. I did not update to 4.2. Now I need to be able to install the new 4.2 Homebrew-Channel Bannerbomb hack. How do I fix the IOS; do I downgrade it first, or just upgrade it? How do I upgrade the Wii to 4.2 safely; and how do I uninstall/reinstall Bannerbomb and Homebrew Channel safely? What is the step-by-step method? Where do I start, now that I already have the Homebrew Channel installed, but I want to reinstall it so I can be updated to 4.2?

Simple edit:
I have Bannerbomb Homebrew that doesn't work properly (anymore. Used to work fine.), and system menu 4.1 U. I want system menu 4.2 and a re-install of Homebrew Channel. I am a bit analytical, so I would like a step-by-step basis. Thanks!

Another edit:
Somebody asked me why I wanted to upgrade to 4.2 or reinstall Homebrew Channel. Well, VBAGX has some serious problems, and so does the Homebrew Browser. I was also hoping that I could ensure that an update wouldn't ruin me... I'll want to update someday. Sure glad I updated when it started supporting flash on the internet, and SDHC cards...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2009 01:15AM by MTPrower.
Re: Reinstalling with Bannerbomb
October 08, 2009 12:24AM
Don't update to 4.2. Its useless.

I really don't understand what your problem is.
October 08, 2009 12:36AM
Well, VBAGX has some serious problems, and so does the Homebrew Browser. I was also hoping that I could ensure that an update wouldn't ruin me... I'll want to update someday. Sure glad I updated when it started supporting flash on the internet, and SDHC cards...
October 08, 2009 12:40AM
WaxyPumpkin72
Really? What homebrew won't work on it?
October 08, 2009 06:45AM
not many, other than fail homebrew... well... fail homebrew works, it just takes a bunch of extra work
October 08, 2009 07:48AM
Arikado
WaxyPumpkin72
I don't know. Dhewg said on a hackmii post (called "Silly Games") not to update...I was just quoting him.
October 09, 2009 05:37AM
If yer gonna quote people, Waxy, you should tell people that you are making a guess or an assumption based on what you have heard. Saying things as if you know they are facts, when you haven't done your homework, is gossiping. And that doesn't help people fix software. ;)
October 10, 2009 12:51AM
4.2 adds no new features, it just tried to block a lot of homebrew and succeeded for about a day. It also, due to Nintendo using some code they hadn't really tested, had a tendency to brick Wiis. As all later updates will at least contain the same, if not additional, homebrew-killers, there is no reason not to update. Then again, there isn't that much of a reason to update, either.
October 10, 2009 01:24AM
WaxyPumpkin72
Arikado
WaxyPumpkin72
I don't know. Dhewg said on a hackmii post (called "Silly Games") not to update...I was just quoting him.
Read WikiFSX's above post.
October 10, 2009 01:42AM
Arikado
WaxyPumpkin72
Arikado
WaxyPumpkin72
Read WikiFSX's above post.
Okey-Dokey. :)
October 13, 2009 02:21AM
Actually, I have a serious problem. I paid for the Opera Browser before, but I can't claim my 1000 Wii points now without upgrading. I need to know how to update!
October 13, 2009 02:34AM
To update the shop channel, you can use WiiSCU.
October 13, 2009 07:24PM
MTPrower
Actually, I have a serious problem. I paid for the Opera Browser before, but I can't claim my 1000 Wii points now without upgrading. I need to know how to update!

1000 points? i think you're confused. Nintendo are offering a free NES game, not 1000 points.
October 14, 2009 01:35AM
Speaking of which, how does one go about claiming this NES game?
October 14, 2009 06:29PM
cactusjack901
Speaking of which, how does one go about claiming this NES game?
AFAIK, you can't yet (just like that free punch-out game club nintendo members got). Nintendo plans to release the details on how to redeem your NES game sometime "soon".
October 14, 2009 07:40PM
Yeah, I think they wanted to do the 4.2 update first, cause they think people will update to get their free game, deleting homebrew. What they didnt realise woud happen is there are dozens of workarounds now, everything (including fail stuff) is fully working on 4.2, and anyway, people dont have to update, they can just use WiiSCU, IOS61andShopChannelInstaller or dop-IOS MOD to access Shop Channel on any System Menu. Lol, Ninty fail.
October 28, 2009 04:05PM
SifJar
Yeah, I think they wanted to do the 4.2 update first, cause they think people will update to get their free game, deleting homebrew. What they didnt realise woud happen is there are dozens of workarounds now, everything (including fail stuff) is fully working on 4.2, and anyway, people dont have to update, they can just use WiiSCU, IOS61andShopChannelInstaller or dop-IOS MOD to access Shop Channel on any System Menu. Lol, Ninty fail.

So would i be right in thinking that if i used " WiiSCU, IOS61andShopChannelInstaller " or "dop-IOS MOD" I will be able to use the shopping channel ? ? ? if so where could i get these files from ? ? ? ?
Also does somebody have a decent link where i could get the opera from because mine isn't working ? ? ?

Many Many thanx in advance. . .
October 28, 2009 10:07PM
Get Opera from Shop Channel. We dont support warez here. Its free anyway. And to get Shop Channel working, use WiiSCU. You can get it at www.wiibrew.org.
October 29, 2009 12:00AM
does it work on all versions because i have 3.3E brand new the other day out of the shop,
Thanx in advance Sif Jar, your help has been most helpful
October 29, 2009 03:31AM
Yes, it does.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login