Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help with homebrew

Posted by gemseven 
Help with homebrew
November 01, 2009 05:29PM
I'm very confused with this homebrew stuff. Can anyone help me on installing homebrew onto my wii. I have menu version 4.0. My serial starts with LU35
Re: Help with homebrew
November 01, 2009 05:36PM
OK, this guide should help you.
November 01, 2009 05:37PM
Use bannerbomb to run HackMii Installer and install HBC, DVDx and, if you can, BootMii as boot2.

Get bannerbomb here: [bannerbomb.qoid.us]
Get HackMii Installer here: [www.bootmii.org]
November 01, 2009 05:44PM
SifJar
Use bannerbomb to run HackMii Installer and install HBC, DVDx and, if you can, BootMii as boot2.

Get bannerbomb here: [bannerbomb.qoid.us]
Get HackMii Installer here: [www.bootmii.org]

To stop you from being confused, SifJar's method is the same as mine. But with mine you get a step-by-step walkthrough so it's easier :-). BTW, I did not write "my" guide.
November 01, 2009 06:14PM
I followed your instructions. everytime I put the SD card in nothing happens, it just replys I have blocks open
November 01, 2009 07:28PM
I followed your instructions. Evertime I place my SD card in nothing happens
November 01, 2009 07:28PM
Are you using v2 of bannerbomb? If so, you need to use v1 on 4.0 I think. v2 wont work with the guide linked above.
November 01, 2009 07:43PM
I am using version 1
November 01, 2009 08:16PM
What is HBC
November 01, 2009 08:43PM
gemseven
What is HBC
HBC=Homebrew Channel. Are you following the guide I told you to?
November 01, 2009 09:01PM
I followed it to a T. I place the boot.elf file on the sd card as well as the hackmii_installer_v.06. I unzip it. I loaded went to the channels menu, click SD, place my SD card in And nothing happens
November 01, 2009 09:06PM
Try putting your SD card in, then clicking SD (i.e. put your SD card in when Wii is selected)
November 01, 2009 09:16PM
Nothing seems to work. Thanks for your help. I have been to several links like your guide they all say the same thing. I don't understand what I'm not doing right. Thanks.
November 03, 2009 04:10AM
Do you have a folder labeled "private" on the root of your SD card?
November 03, 2009 09:37PM
WaxyPumpkin72
Do you have a folder labeled "private" on the root of your SD card?

WinZip often is set to just display files. In the "view" menu you can change it. You have probably just copied the "content.bin".
November 05, 2009 11:01AM
Gemseven,

I had the same issue and i fall under the "dumb" category as so well put by bannerbomb. Every time I inserted my card nothing would happen and it only kept telling me how many blocks were open.

"Press (Wii), Data Management, Channels, SD. Then insert the card. It should either pop up Load boot.dol/elf? or freeze." - Bannerbomb Quote

Make sure you click on CHANNELS and not savedata.

"Did you use the SD menu (4.x) or click Savedata instead of Channels? If so, then you're dumb" - Bannerbomb Quote

As soon as I clicked on Channels instead of savedata..it worked perfectly.

Too40shorty

November 07, 2009 01:43PM
Yes I did all of that. I also heard that you can't install omebrew on the wii 4.0. I just rented Zelda twilight to help install the hack but I'm lost
November 07, 2009 02:02PM
gemseven: The problem here is obvious. You need to learn how to read. Your problems here are all a result of you not reading and following directions.

Now lets clarify a few things (and you better READ because I'm only going to do this once):

1) The twilight hack does not work on 4.0

2) You can install homebrew on any system menu using Bannerbomb or IndianaPwns

3) The wiki pages for the above mentioned exploits provide very clear step-by-step instructions on how to use them. READ them. I suggest using Bannerbomb: [wiibrew.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login