Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Disc Channel update???

Posted by sormany 
Disc Channel update???
November 06, 2009 10:49PM
ok guy so i got my HBC back and now for me its back up to 75% done im on 4.2U with HBC do I need preloader ???? i herd if i try to install that its an automatic brick !!! ????

but my real question is when I tried to fix it at first I have use anytitle deleter and deleted IOS 30 since I did that on the wii menu if I have a disc in the machine in the top corner my machine says new update so If i do this update will it F!@# up my maching again ??? or is there another way as I cant just install the IOS 30
Re: Disc Channel update???
November 06, 2009 11:12PM
You deleted IOS30? Yeah the update prompt on discs will just be to install IOS30 - that's safe. If you for some reason do not want to do it, and want to be over cautious, you have several options. Run the game with Gecko OS, and it should prompt you to install IOS30. Agree. Second option is use WUFE to extract the IOS30 WAD from the disc and then use wadimport to install it. Final option would be use NUSD to download IOS30 and pack it as a WAD, and then install with wadimport. Really, just updating in System Menu is fine, but if you really dont want to do that, go for the Gecko OS option.

Installing preloader on 4.2 wont brick you per-se, but what needs to be done is you need to patch IOS70 to have ES_DiVerify (ES_Identify), otherwise preloader wont be able to load the System Menu. Luckily, phpgeek's unofficial installer (which is the only installer which works with preloader 0.30, the latest version) patches IOS70 for you. Provided you have trucha bug in IOS36, you can safely install preloader using that.
November 06, 2009 11:28PM
and as I dont know what im doing and really just "WING IT" with lots of luck what is preloader or what does it do ???
November 06, 2009 11:35PM
preloader is an app you probably dont need and probably cant install. Basically it puts itself where the System Menu should be, and moves the System Menu a bit, so it loads first. It can be set to auto-boot HBC, System Menu, an installed dol, or if you use the priiloader version (which is a slightly modded version) BootMii as IOS. It also applies patches to the System Menu, such as allowing region free (although that particular one doesnt work on 4.2) and more. You can also change the System Menu IOS if you so desire. It also offers a layer of brick protection against some bricks, but not all. It can recover from semi and banner bricks, because even if you have one of those bricks, you cna boot HBC and run homebrew to fix it. However, a full brick is unrecoverable with preloader, because preloader cannot be started in that case. If you have BootMii as boot2, the only benefits of preloader are the System Menu patches and the ability to auto-boot a dol.
November 07, 2009 05:07PM
SifJar
You deleted IOS30? Yeah the update prompt on discs will just be to install IOS30 - that's safe. If you for some reason do not want to do it, and want to be over cautious, you have several options. Run the game with Gecko OS, and it should prompt you to install IOS30. Agree. Second option is use WUFE to extract the IOS30 WAD from the disc and then use wadimport to install it. Final option would be use NUSD to download IOS30 and pack it as a WAD, and then install with wadimport. Really, just updating in System Menu is fine, but if you really dont want to do that, go for the Gecko OS option.

Installing preloader on 4.2 wont brick you per-se, but what needs to be done is you need to patch IOS70 to have ES_DiVerify (ES_Identify), otherwise preloader wont be able to load the System Menu. Luckily, phpgeek's unofficial installer (which is the only installer which works with preloader 0.30, the latest version) patches IOS70 for you. Provided you have trucha bug in IOS36, you can safely install preloader using that.

cool that work perfectly !!!! just took your word and did it from the disc but thx for the extra info anyway
November 07, 2009 06:01PM
btw, you can install priiloader (which is an improved mod of preloader). Before I thought you needed a patched IOS to install it, but it can be done without the need for a patched IOS if you run the installer with bannerbomb instead of running it in HBC.
November 15, 2009 02:30AM
so sif jar, i got call of duty mwr wii and it says need system update. i have softmodd and im to scared to update. is it ok to update? i have 4.1u menu and the game is ntsc-u. is it ok to update?
November 15, 2009 02:30AM
cod4life
so sif jar, i got call of duty mwr wii and it says need system update. i have softmodd and im to scared to update. is it ok to update? i have 4.1u menu and the game is ntsc-u. is it ok to update?

FYI im currently using gecko to load game
November 15, 2009 02:36AM
It is perfectly safe to update. Just make sure you download the latest bootmii dvdx and HBC.
November 15, 2009 02:39AM
Marth21
It is perfectly safe to update. Just make sure you download the latest bootmii dvdx and HBC.

why, will it delete those?
November 15, 2009 03:19AM
Yes, it will. It will not delete the latest ones though.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2009 09:18PM by Marth21.
November 15, 2009 03:50AM
cod4life
Marth21

why, will it delete those?
No it won't delete them because I highly doubt that it is the 4.2 update. But it is still recommended that you update those 3 things.
November 15, 2009 04:00AM
ok i know i have HBC version 1.0.6, i dont think i have dvdx and bootmii though
November 15, 2009 04:39AM
If you don't have them, you don't need them. If you do have them, you need the new DVDX. If you have boot2v4 on your Wii already, you don't need to update BootMii, but should. If you don't, you will have to reinstall it.
November 15, 2009 07:47AM
so ya i dont have boot mii or dvd. i have HBC 1.0.6 newest. so its ok 2 update from 4.1 on disc?
November 15, 2009 07:48AM
Yes, it should be fine to update.
November 15, 2009 08:03AM
ok thanks
November 16, 2009 04:14AM
bg4545
Yes, it should be fine to update.

one more question, what does the disc update actually give you? and its seriously ok to update by disc?
November 16, 2009 09:33PM
It wont give you anything above 4.1. It may have a few newer IOS and perhaps boot2v4, but the System Menu will be 4.1 or lower, and anyway, no matter what it is, its safe.
November 16, 2009 10:35PM
ok i risked it and well........... IT WORKED FINE. THANKS FOR THE ADVICE EVERYONE!!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login