Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What and What not to do...

Posted by MagiCaleb 
What and What not to do...
November 14, 2009 07:25PM
I've heard a bunch of great things about the homebrew channel, but I also hear that it's risky.

Can someone please be kind enough to tell me what and what not to do.

For example, something like

-Don't update the Wii shop channel, otherwise Homebrew will not work

I doubt that would happen, but I don't know, that's why I'm asking.

Thanks

Caleb

PS, i'm going to use the Bommerban v.4.2, if it matters.
Re: What and What not to do...
November 14, 2009 07:42PM
there is nothing you can do to stop homebrew working. FACT. (except remove HBC, obv.)
November 14, 2009 08:01PM
I mean, say I update or play a certain thing, I want to know if it'll do something to my Wii, brick it, prevent online play, freeze, etc...
November 14, 2009 08:42PM
November 14, 2009 10:08PM
You can play online regardles of System Menu version and any "mods" you have done to your wii. The only thing which will prevent you playing online is cheating online which gets you banned (cheating offline is fine). No update can intentionally brick your wii. (its illegal). your wii may occassionally freeze or throw an exception when running homebrew, just hold power till it turns off, then turn it on again and it'll be fine.
November 14, 2009 10:12PM
SifJar
your wii may occassionally freeze or throw an exception when running homebrew, just hold power till it turns off, then turn it on again and it'll be fine.

You can also press the reset button and it will usually go back to the HBC
November 14, 2009 11:27PM
TopGun96
SifJar
your wii may occassionally freeze or throw an exception when running homebrew, just hold power till it turns off, then turn it on again and it'll be fine.

You can also press the reset button and it will usually go back to the HBC

Oh, didn't know that. Thanks for the info, I usually get a little nervous when holding power, even though I know it'll be fine.
November 17, 2009 04:34AM
No problem. I actually figured that out when I missed the power button and hit the reset button :) nifty though...
November 18, 2009 12:20AM
Alright, I'll do it this weekend. Oh, Is there anything else I should load to the SD card that the wiki doesnt say? I've heard things about BootMii and stuff like that, but again, I'm new and don't want to risk something I don't know
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login