Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Best advice for installing HBC on 3.2u wii

Posted by dz63 
Best advice for installing HBC on 3.2u wii
November 20, 2009 02:47AM
I've been trying to follow all the threads concerning installing the HBC, but my wii is rather old. I have a wii that was bought the first year that it came out, with 3.2u firmware. I got my downloads, bannerbomb's aad1f_v108 exploit and hackmii installer 0.6.
1. I formatted my 2G SD card with FAT32,
2. put the boot.elf from hackmii and the private folder from bannerbomb on the root directory.
3. I started up the wii, going to Wii Settings\Data Management\Channels then SD Card tab.
4. It started okay, asking if I want to load Boot.dol/elf? I clicked yes,
5. it went to the disclaimer, I pressed 1, then a CMD like window opened and said "There is no known vulnerable IOS installed on this Wii. Please..."

I looked in the instructions and it said to copy boot.dol from Dop-IOS MOD to the root of the SD card and install IOS 30 v1040. Is that okay for a wii that is as old as mine? I hear that messing with Dop IOS MOD can be risky (bricking).

I didn't understand the error at first so I tried downloading subsequent versions of bannerbomb, and the error message didn't come up again. It just didn't do anything this time. I read Scuttlebutt31's install problems which is the same problem I'm having where when going to the SD tab, nothing happens, it doesn't freeze, it just indicates empty blocks.

Should I still do the Dop-IOS MOD thing or try SSBB exploit instead (that's how Scuttlebutt31 fixed his problem)?
Re: Best advice for installing HBC on 3.2u wii
November 20, 2009 03:01AM
dz63
I looked in the instructions and it said to copy boot.dol from Dop-IOS MOD to the root of the SD card and install IOS 30 v1040. Is that okay for a wii that is as old as mine? I hear that messing with Dop IOS MOD can be risky (bricking).
yes, you can install IOS30 and it should solve your problem.
November 20, 2009 03:35AM
Okay, I'll try that. Crossing my fingers. Thanks
November 20, 2009 03:37AM
I forgot to ask, does it matter which version of Dop-IOS MOD I should use, V8?
November 20, 2009 03:45AM
yes, the latest version which is v8
November 20, 2009 03:46AM
Thank you for such quick response!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login