Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Installed Homebrew with Bannerbomb, having some problems

Posted by Torch 
Installed Homebrew with Bannerbomb, having some problems
July 22, 2009 11:39PM
I've installed homebrew on my own Wii a while back with the Twilight Hack and never encountered any problems. Everything work out fairly easily.

Today I was helping my cousin install homebrew on his own Wii with Bannerbomb. Everything was going fine. We got to the window where you can install Hackmii, the Homebrew Channel, and the DVD installx. I installed the HBC and Hackmii and they both said "Success!" when they finished, so I figured everything went good.

Now my problems:

Nothing appears in the HBC. It's just the background. I checked the SD card and I'm guessing there's something wrong with the folder setup. If I recall, the Twilight hack did everything for me, like installing the homebrew browser on my SD card. I just had to load up the Channel and play around with it. But nothing comes up this time. This is what the root of my SD card looks like: privateold folder, hackmii_installer_beta2 zipped folder, boot.elf file, aad1f_v108 zipped folder, aad1f_v108 folder, private (from aad1f_v108 folder) folder, bootmii folder, installer, apps folder. I'm not sure what's wrong, as I'm new with this, but if someone more experienced could tell me what's going on, I'd gladly appreciate it.

Also, when i installed Hackmii on my own Wii, every time I power it on there's the gray screen that lets me choose from Wii menu, homebrew channel, SD cards, and settings. This doesn't happen on his. Anyone know what happened there?

All help is greatly appreciated. If I left anything out just let me know, but I tried to be as thorough as possible.
Re: Installed Homebrew with Bannerbomb, having some problems
July 22, 2009 11:43PM
well for a start, delete private, aad1f_v108.zip, hackmii_installer_beta2.zip and boot.elf, and rename privateold to private.

And as for actually getting homebrew, you need to put it in the apps folder. Look at your own SD card if you're not sure of the setup. Just put each homebrew in its own folder in apps. And in each homebrew's folder there must be boot.dol, and optionally a meta.xml and icon.png. I'd advise downloading Homebrew Browser and putting it on his SD card so he can just start it and download homebrew through it.
July 23, 2009 12:00AM
Torch
Also, when i installed Hackmii on my own Wii, every time I power it on there's the gray screen that lets me choose from Wii menu, homebrew channel, SD cards, and settings. This doesn't happen on his. Anyone know what happened there?

About the screen that you're encountering on your startup, thats called bootmii. It basically makes it so your wii is completely brick safe (if you've made a NAND backup.) You can backup your wiis NAND with this tool, and to do it, just select the icon that has the little cogs turning, and then select the icon that has a green arrow pointing from the wii to the SD card.

Torch
Nothing appears in the HBC. It's just the background. I checked the SD card and I'm guessing there's something wrong with the folder setup

Erm, are you sure you actually have any apps in your apps folder? That would most likely be the problem. :P
July 23, 2009 12:01AM
Torch

this is most likely because you installed it as boot2 and he has it as IOS. if you dont want yours to load to the screen every time on boot up take the SD card out when turning the wii on. if you ask me you are lucky because you have Bootmii Boot2 which means you have superior brick protection

Edit: waxypumpkin72 posted his comment as i was typing mine :P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2009 12:03AM by flyguy.
July 23, 2009 07:18AM
Thanks, this is all very helpful.
I'll try it all out next time I'm working on it.

But one thing about his hackmii. Is there anything I can do to make it show up? I installed it on boot2 and it didn't show up, so I tried IOS and it didn't work either.
July 23, 2009 07:44AM
When installing it as an IOS, to access it, you need to:

1.) Load the HBC.
2.)Once loaded, press the "home" button, and then select "Launch Bootmii". For now, if you can't install bootmii as boot2, then its kind of useless to have it as an IOS. Hope that helps answer your questions! :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2009 07:46AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
July 23, 2009 11:49AM
Are you sure it installed as boot2 on his? If so, I guess his SD card must be incompatible with BootMii.
November 21, 2009 06:44PM
Umm hello guys.
I'm a complete beginner in this kinda stuff, but I actually managed to download HBC, and the same thing happens to me, like only the bubble background. So apparently I'm missing the apps folder? Can someone PLEASE make a list for dummies (lol) for me that would be really easy to understand, on what to do on my sd card to make things appear on the HBC? Thank you! A video would be nice too... haha but you dont need to do that. THIS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
November 21, 2009 07:04PM
Backups aren't supported here. Make sure you read the rules.

As for your apps, go to the root of your SD card, and right click in the open space. Click on where it says "new folder", and name the new folder that appears to "apps". Not Apps, or ApPs, just apps.

Now, download an app from Wiibrew, unzip it, and put it in the apps folder.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login