Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

To upgrade wii from 3.3 to 4.2 (or current) before or not?

Posted by assembler01 
To upgrade wii from 3.3 to 4.2 (or current) before or not?
December 22, 2009 06:07AM
If someone were to get started trying homebrew now (after following the scene for some time, not a total newb), what is the best system menu to start out at? I never upgraded my wii except for the very first time I used it over a year ago. It is still "3.3u." I was worried they might include too many anti-homebrew patches. Then I got busy and never installed the HBC until hopefully soon. I have twilight princess so I could do twilight hack as long as I don't update my system menu. However, is it better to upgrade my wii first (to 4.2 I assume still) and use bannerbomb? Would I not be able to play some newer games or have some bugfixes if I stay down at 3.3u?
On the other hand, is there more of a risk if I upgrade to 4.2 first or am I relatively safe since it is an older wii with the original boot0 etc...?
Is there a difference if I install HBC through bannerbomb/twilight on my 3.3u menu first, then upgrade to 4.2? Does that make it any "safer"?

Sorry for having to bug you all but I've read a lot of the different guides but I'm still not 100% clear on what the best option is.

Thanks all.
Re: To upgrade wii from 3.3 to 4.2 (or current) before or not?
December 22, 2009 12:44PM
It really doesnt matter whether you update before or after installing homebrew.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login