Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bannerbomb help needed

Posted by Muzero 
Bannerbomb help needed
November 19, 2009 12:46PM
Hey,

I'm looking for some advice setting up bannerbomb on 4.2e, all versions attempted..

screen either froze upon SD insertion or Question mark channel appeared, no functionality.

the first 3 versions listed on the bannerbomb v2 page produced a freeze, the older versions produced the "?" channel

the card has been formatted correctly, the only files present on the sd card were the boot.elf from the hackmiizip, and the private folder from bannerbombzips.

each bannerbomb version was tested in sequence, each attempt the sd card was cleared, the private folder from the next version was copied and then the boot.elf was copied in.

following wiibrew.org guide.. any help appreciated, PAL 4.2e

using 1 gig sd card

cheers.
Re: Bannerbomb help needed
November 19, 2009 12:51PM
You're attempting to launch the exploit on the SD Card menu right?
November 19, 2009 12:53PM
Attempts are made from wii > data management > channels > sd card, then inserting the card
November 19, 2009 12:57PM
Muzero
Attempts are made from wii > data management > channels > sd card, then inserting the card

With bannerbomb v2, you need to go to the SD Card Menu. (found by selecting the SD card shown on the title screen)
November 19, 2009 01:03PM
That was it, Thank you so much.
December 23, 2009 07:32AM
Hey i updated to v4.2u and i use the SD card menu when im trying to load up boot.elf
for me it doesnt freeze, it just shows a question mark.
when i click on the question mark to start it says: "This channel cannot be launched on this Wii console"

i have used a lot of different versions of bannerbomb... all giving me the same result
Please help.
December 23, 2009 01:18PM
Try Indiana Pwns or Smash Stack.
December 23, 2009 07:02PM
I tried using Smash Stack but the wii doesnt allow me to save any stages on my SD card, theres a prohibited sign over the SD button. I even tried deleting all my custom stages and then putting in my SD card and making a new one to save on the card....still didnt work.

Just to make sure..im not suppose to have anything on the SD card when i put it in the wii right? (for Smash Stack)

Also, could it be that Nintendo patched it up so nobody could move custom maps to SD cards?
December 23, 2009 07:30PM
hoopercent
Just to make sure..im not suppose to have anything on the SD card when i put it in the wii right? (for Smash Stack)

Well, you need the Smash Stack custom stage, and a boot.elf/boot.dol.

Anyway, no it is not possible Nintendo patched the game, unless you have a brand new disc, and Ninty have sneeked out a patch no-one else has encountered. If your copy of SSBB is more than a couple of months old, I would doubt this is the case. They cannot patch a game which you have already bought, they can only patch new discs before they are produced. Do you have a USA Wii and USA copy of Smash Stack?
December 23, 2009 09:03PM
I do have a USA wii but i dont know about my version of Smash Stack, i assume it is, i got it from:

[wiibrew.org]

My ssbb cd is pretty old so i guess thats not a problem. And umm wat exactly do u mean by "Smash Stack custom stage"

Edit: yea im sure the Smash Stack i have is US

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2009 09:22PM by hoopercent.
December 23, 2009 09:25PM
By Smash Stack custom stage, I mean the Smash Stack custom stage. When you downloaded Smash Stack from WiiBrew, you downloaded a custom stage, which is the exploit, and I am saying you need that on your SD card. I would have thought this obvious, but you said something about having nothing on your SD card.

And when I said about having a USA copy of Smash Stack, I actually meant to type SSBB. Oops. You see, Smash Stack only works on USA copy of game.
December 23, 2009 10:16PM
ok yea i have US game, US wii, US everything.
I have the Smash Stack file i downloaded on the SD card along with boot.elf
Next thing i do is put the card in the wii and move a custom stage to the SD card right?. however it does not allow me to do this (theres a prohibit sign on the SD card button.
Am i missing a step or sumthing?
The thing is on the wiibrew page it doesnt really say to have anything on your SD card when u are moving "custom stage"

1. Move any existing custom stages on Brawl to your SD card and exit the stage builder.
2. Connect the SD card to your computer and rename the "private" folder to "privateold" in the root of the SD card.
3. Copy the "private" folder from the Smash Stack download to the root of the SD card.
4. Grab a *.elf file (HackMii Installer works) and put that in the root of the SD card.
5. Insert the SD card into the Wii.
6. Go to the stage builder and the .elf file will load.

Thats why i did not have anything on my card when trying to move the stage.
anyway..i tried it with the files in the root of the SD card and it still doesnt work and also i tried this with my SD card formatted FAT and FAT32
I feel like im missing a step or sumthing...sry if im sounding stupid but could u please write it step by step exactly what the process is for getting HBC on my wii using Smash Stack...more clear than that above
December 23, 2009 10:39PM
TBH, I don't know the process. I have a PAL Wii and a PAL copy of SSBB, meaning I can't use the exploit, and also I installed HBC ages with Twilight Hack, so don't need new exploits. But my guess is you are going to the wrong place in step 6. It says go to the stage creator, and the elf will load, doesn't sound like you need to select SD card, so I think you may be in the wrong place...But I don't really have a clue tbh. Sorry.
December 24, 2009 12:23AM
You have to have no custom stages on your Wii or SD card besides the Smash Stack one (supposedly, I'll try it out) when you use Smash Stack.
December 24, 2009 02:06AM
By the "Smash Stack one" i assume u mean the file that i unzipped called "SmashStack US" right? or is it something else??

Edit: ok lol guys i used bannerbomb v2 and it worked fine, i have HBC now :D. Thanks for your help

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2009 02:42AM by hoopercent.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login