Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Update softmodded Wii with Metroid Prime Trilogy

Posted by h347 
Update softmodded Wii with Metroid Prime Trilogy
September 25, 2009 06:58PM
Hi everyone!

I bought Metroid Prime Trilogy some time ago but haven't got time to play it. Yesterday I tried to play, but it asked me to update my Wii. Since I got the homebrew channel installed with the twilight hack, I wondered if it was a good thing to do, but then again if I don't update, I can't play!

I searched a little on google and the forums and it say that I cannot harm/brick my console. But what about the HBC? Will it delete it? Do I need to reinstall it? And about applications, are they going to be intact or they will be unreadable? Do I need to reinstall HBC or delete it before? etc...

What do I need to do?

Thank you very much!
Re: Update softmodded Wii with Metroid Prime Trilogy
September 25, 2009 07:00PM
Updates do not affect homebrew at all.
September 25, 2009 07:00PM
Just so long as you haven't got any "fail" on your Wii, you'll be fine. If you want to be paranoid, make a NAND backup in Bootmii beforehand

EDIT: thanks, Arikado (no sarcasm intended)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2009 07:34PM by metroid_maniac.
September 25, 2009 07:29PM
metroid_maniac
Just so long as you haven't got any "fail" from GBAtemp on your Wii, you'll be fine. If you want to be paranoid, make a NAND backup in Bootmii beforehand

What do you want to say about "any fail from GBAtemp"?

And yes, I am quite paranoid XD, so thanks for the advice!
September 25, 2009 07:33PM
Fail from GBA temp means backups, WADs, pirated software, ROMs, etc..

If you're paranoid (like me :P), then make a NAND backup.
September 25, 2009 07:39PM
So if I have no WADS etc there's no problem then, good since I don't have any of them :P

I read that I need to install hackMii before installing BootMii... exact? So can I just install it through the homebrew channel?

EDIT: Ok now I get it XD Thanks anyway :P Just one last question... How do I do a NAND backup with bootMii?

Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2009 07:41PM by h347.
September 25, 2009 08:25PM
Run the Hackmii Installer the same way as Twilight Hack or bannerbomb, using the latest`Hackmii Installer. Then choose to update your HBC (if you want), Install DVDx ( if you want) and install bootmii. In the Bootmii menu here are two options; Boot2 and IOS. choose Boot2 if possible, otherwise IOS. When Bootmii is installer, either restart the Wii, or load it from the HBC home menu. Load it, and using the power/reset buttons select the "settings" icon and then the arrow pointing TO the SD. Then, when done, copy the NAND.bin somewhere safe on your Hard Drive.
September 26, 2009 05:12PM
metroid_maniac
Just so long as you haven't got any "fail" from GBAtemp on your Wii, you'll be fine.
That's entirely unnecessary. Statements like this make us look no better than them but instead level us with them. Also, by making statements like this, you indirectly advertise them as the "goto place" for fail - Good job on that :-)
December 24, 2009 07:45PM
Hi everyone,

I read this forum, but it is still not clear if anyone actually did run MPT and its update on an already softmodded Wii? And what were the results? I have a Wii with System Menu 3.1E and installed the HBC. Now, MPT disc wants to update the Wii system, so does it harm the HBC and its applications?

Btw, does anyone know to what System Menu version MPT updates?

Thanks!
December 24, 2009 07:54PM
Its safe. Not sure what version it is, but I think its 3.4. Certainly no higher. If it really bothers you that much, use Gecko OS to load it.
December 24, 2009 09:36PM
Hi SifJar,

Thanks for the info. I read somewhere that MPT installs a new IOS (IOS55) besides System Menu 3.4 or so. Does this require that I need to re-install the HBC using the Twilight Hack v0.1beta2? Or will my currently installed HBC just work without any trouble?

Thanks again!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2009 09:37PM by Kakkie.
December 24, 2009 09:49PM
It will work fine. The installation of any IOS does not affect any other.
December 24, 2009 10:12PM
Your currently installed HBC will be fine, you have no need to worry. Just perform the update and enjoy MPT ;)
December 26, 2009 04:57PM
Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for the help. I performed the MPT update and the HBC is still ok! Again, thanks a lot!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login