Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HBC/bootmi ok, nothing else

Posted by brit_in_oz 
HBC/bootmi ok, nothing else
December 28, 2009 06:42AM
Hi

I have recently got a Wii (from Europe, serial starting LE' and (stupidly) agreed to the 4.2 upgrade being a noob. Anyway I have downloaded a pack of stuff to load HBC and booti, and both of these install ok, updated to HBC 1.0.6 ok. So far so good.
I load DVDx and says done, but wont play DVD ( i believe this is becasue i have a new system, purchased October), no big deal.
The install pack i got had cIOS38_rev14-Installer on, and this installed.
Downloaded HBC browser, work ok, got some things going (e.g. HBC sorter), but tried the Wii earth and when tried to installed got a heap of dump errors on my screen and frozen unit (reboot = ok)
I dont seem to be able to load any other programs, I treid DOp-IOS and that let me select IOS as required, but then when initiated the sytem froze as soon as i pressed 'A'
I tried Neogamma R7 which was included with the download pack, when i run in from HBC home screen i get a red loading bar for a second until it gets to the end and then the screen goes black, and nothing goes on however long i leave it.
i tried to upgrade to cIOS rev 15 and 16 (or even reinstall rev 14) but at each time as soon as i hit 'A' to continue it freezes (though music plays)
Other apps that hang (either red boot bar and black screen or just freeze are Hermes_cIOS_installer, usbloader_gx and Wad manager 0.4
Using a 2gb kingston sd card, doesnt seem to be the problem. Did have some issues installing hackmii etc originally, none of the versions worked but the files of the pack i got were ok.
\\Any help would be much appreciated as i cant seem to get any of the loaders working or hardly any of the other stuff.
Re: HBC/bootmi ok, nothing else
December 28, 2009 06:47AM
Piracy=fail=unsupported by this forum.

The only thing I can help you with is WiiEarth. If you want to use it, just manually download it from wiibrew.
[wiibrew.org]
December 28, 2009 06:52AM
Oops, sorry, didnt realise what half of them were....so to run programs from HBC browser what programs (besides the browser do i need.)...do i take it the different cIOS are not required?
December 28, 2009 06:58AM
You don't "need" any apps. You can just pick out the ones that you want to use.....

The only point in the cIOS was so that you could run your unsupported apps.
December 28, 2009 01:10PM
The only thing you might want to do at some point is restore the Trucha bug (and ES_Identify) into IOS36 with the Trucha Bug Restorer (which works better in my experience) or Dop-IOS MOD v9. (which works for some people, but not for me)

Without that, some apps here will refuse to work at all (StartPatch) and others will lose a bunch of their capabilities (Gecko). However, if you don't want to patch the System Menu or launch channels with Gecko or copy "no copy" savegames to your SD Card and back, there really is no reason to have it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login