Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Upgrading from Beta 8 with modchip

Posted by wittking9 
Upgrading from Beta 8 with modchip
December 29, 2009 05:08AM
Hello everyone.

I have been out of the scene for a while now, b/c there really hasn't been anything that I've wanted to play or change on my wii. I am trying to play a new wii game that I think needs the wii update to play (just dance...not for me). I am currently running 3.3u and have homebrew channel beta 8. I want to keep homebrew on my wii and upgrade it also. I have a couple questions. I read somewhere online that beta 8 was the first to be able to update online, I haven't been able to figure out how to do this (I read somewhere else that beta 9 was the first to do this). I also read that if I had the newest homebrew channel updating would not delete it, just wondering if this is true also. And lastly, I have been looking for a homebrew beta 9 or newer to put on my wii via dvd since I have a modchip on it, but have been unable to find it, I was wondering if anyone had a link where I could get this. I'm also wondering if there is anything else I need to know before upgrading my wii. Thanks in advance for your help!
Re: Upgrading from Beta 8 with modchip
December 29, 2009 05:47AM
Just run the HackMii Installer using the HBC beta 8
Re: Upgrading from Beta 8 with modchip
December 29, 2009 04:04PM
Thanks! Got my HBC updated, and the game working!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login