Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Few questions, unsure

Posted by MrDiesel 
Few questions, unsure
January 05, 2010 07:01PM
Hi all,

I'm kinda new to Wii (soft)modding. I've read alot already, but I'm still unsure as I just bought a black Wii for Christmas and I'm afraid for bricking it. I don't want my little brother to be disappointed.

Ok, is there any brick chance in the following procedure except from power loss. Is it in the right order?

- Using Bannerbomb to install the Homebrew Channel & BootMii (as IOS)
- Backup my NAND with BootMii
- Using Trucha Bug Restorer to: <== Any risk by using this?
-- Downgrade IOS15
-- Install patched IOS36 under IOS15 with all patches to YES.
-- Restore IOS15
- Install cIOS249

A black Wii is no difference to a (new) white Wii, right? (Except for the color :P)
Any tips?

Sorry for wasting your time, but as I said, I'm pretty unsure and just want verification.

Thanks in advance

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2010 07:06PM by MrDiesel.
Re: Few questions, unsure
January 05, 2010 07:09PM
MrDiesel
- Install cIOS249
This is the only dangerous part. The software is already pretty flaky to begin with. I can't predict how it will react with one of black Wii's which have newer hardware. I've never heard of it being done on a black Wii to be honest.

If you simply want an IOS that can accept fakesigning, there are far better routes to take.
January 05, 2010 07:27PM
First of all, thanks for your quick response :)

cIOS249 is needed in order to access hard drives, right? Is talking about this supported here? I've read about USB loaders not being supported here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2010 07:28PM by MrDiesel.
January 05, 2010 07:29PM
No, USB loaders are not supported here because they are both dangerous to install, dangerous to use, and enable piracy.
January 05, 2010 07:43PM
Although I heard a black Wii is identical to a white Wii, I will keep it safe and do nothing. I would be very paranoid with the softmodded Wii anyway. You never know with kids. I'll buy a new Wiimote instead of external HDD. Thanks for your help.
January 05, 2010 08:30PM
Its easier to just load games from the discs if all you wanted HBC for is USB loading. The hassle of getting it all setup, and getting the necessary workarounds for some games which don't work automatically far outweighs the handiness of USB loading IMO.
January 05, 2010 09:42PM
The problem is, the new Wii's (black included) come with new disc drives which prevent you from reading backups. But I'll leave it as it is, if it's that risky.
January 05, 2010 09:53PM
Backups are not supported here. Weren't you just told that? Use you ORIGINAL discs.
January 05, 2010 10:09PM
Sorry, I know backups aren't supported here, I misunderstood you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2010 10:11PM by MrDiesel.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login