Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

just got the wii

Posted by gaiginbob 
just got the wii
January 06, 2010 06:27AM
downloaded the hbc but seems to stop before I get the main screen. Only get bubbles.
What should I do I have a japanese wii 4.2
I am new to this system any ideas please.
can anyone give me step by step instruction to make it work thanks.
Re: just got the wii
January 06, 2010 06:41AM
You need to put apps on your HBC. There's a list here. Make a folder called apps on the root of the SD card and put the apps that you download inside that folder.
January 06, 2010 03:27PM
hey thanks for the reply.
I did what you said but nothing happened.
getting message saying network not initialized.
made a flie with apps put homebrew browser in it and a game. then put it in the wii went through the proccess of setting up
after just got bubbles I could pop.
In my sd card I checked the files and found 2 new files in the Title folder
loc.bak
loc.dat
have no idea what this is..............
what do you suggest///
January 06, 2010 06:44PM
Make sure your SD card is set up like this:

Root/apps/homebrew_browser/boot.dol
January 07, 2010 01:31PM
this is getting to be harder than i thought.
set up the files as per order root/appa/ etc. No luck
I have a japanese wii 4.2 does not read wii us games.
have wifi connection internet ok on the wii.
got the private file/ root file/ and elf file all on sd card 2.0GB bought it from electronic store.
anything missing?
I downloaded the hbc/dvd from the software on the wii.
did not download the bootmii is that ok?

What should I try next?
January 07, 2010 01:49PM
Root is not a folder.
The apps folder should not be in a folder, it should be visible when you are not in any other folder besides your SD card. That is the "root".
January 07, 2010 07:06PM
1. Clear your SD card completely and make it blank.

2. In the blank area create the apps folder.

3. Download your Wii apps, and create folders within the apps folder named after the Wii programs you downloaded.

4. Extract the archive file you downloaded for your Wii programs, and find the boot.dol, icon.png, and xml files. Copy them. If anything else is with those copy them as well.

5. Access your SD card and enter the apps folder. Paste your Wii programs files into the folder you created for it. Repeat as necessary for any other Wii program.

Now if a program requires a folder at the root of your SD card then simply do the following.

1. Go back to the beginning of your SD card. The apps folder should be visible.

2. Right click the blank space of your SD card. Select create new folder.
2A. I'll use Genplus emulator as an example: Rename your new folder Genplus. Dont name it anything else.

A note on the next step. Some Wii programs dont use the same folder names i'm about to instruct you to name your folders cause I'm about to reference an emulator setup again.

3. Double click the new folder you just created to access it. It'll be blank. For most emulators you need to make roms, saves and cheats folders. To do that right click and create new folder. You'll have to do that three times to create the three folder. Name one roms. Name another saves. Name the last cheats.

Note: Some emulators dont support cheats. Read the features list on w/e page you download the emulator from.

4. Take your roms and place them into the roms folder where you made that folder.

That should be all you need to do. Once you get used to the process things will be easier.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2010 06:53AM by nightwishfan1.
January 07, 2010 11:09PM
Do not clear your SD card completely, you do not need to.
January 08, 2010 07:00AM
I only told him to completely clear it, cause it didnt seem like he was quite getting the more complex directions. If you simplify things for beginners where they can grasp what needs to be done, then it will make them less dependant on others to figure out what to do. In other words it will grow on them, and become an easy task to accomplish.
January 09, 2010 03:02PM
hey guys I got it done thanks for all your help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login