Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Newbie Questions

Posted by psun03 
Newbie Questions
January 05, 2010 06:18AM
There is probably an answer for these questions

i thinking about doing the homebrew stuff

what if i install everything... can i go back to an 'unhacked' wii?

tell you the truth.. i am just uneasy about it a bit...... is there a safest booter?
Re: Newbie Questions
January 05, 2010 06:45AM
Yes, you can go back to the wii's original state. You really shouldn't be worried, though. There's nothing dangerous about installing the HBC.
If you need some help with the installation process, just read over this page.

If you need more help, feel free to ask. :)
January 05, 2010 05:19PM
I guess the only thing is... how does HBC work... does it actually put code on the wii's memory.... or runs off the SD card...
what about the bannerbomb?.... i like to do reserach before i do anything stupid...
January 05, 2010 05:23PM
The HBC is a channel, so yes, it's installed into your Wii's internal memory. It purpose is to execute programs (ie: applications) stored on your SD Card.

Bannerbomb is merely a corrupt (or 'hacked') channel that crashes the Wii and runs whatever program you have on the root of your SD Card. If said program is the Hackmii Installer, you will be able to install the homebrew channel, dvdx, and/or bootmii.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2010 05:23PM by Arikado.
January 05, 2010 08:36PM
Bannerbomb (or any other exploit) exists solely on your SD card, and can be used to execute homebrew without any permanent change to your Wii if you wish (Think of it as a little like a Linux Live CD/DVD if you know what that is). This can be used to run an installer (HackMii Installer) which installs HBC to your Wii (and optionally DVDx and BootMii as well), making permanent changes (again, this is a little like a Linux Live CD/DVD in that you boot the Live CD/DVD, then when in the Live CD/DVD, with no permanent changes made to PC, you can choose to install Linux, making permanent change to PC).
January 05, 2010 11:46PM
sounds good thanks... so how to reverse if i need to?
January 06, 2010 12:45AM
The best thing to do would be to use the Homebrew Channel's installer itself to uninstall it.
January 06, 2010 08:20PM
HackMii Installer can uninstall everything it installs. Any other permanent modifications you make (patched IOS installations, System Menu patches etc.) will either have to be uninstalled via their own installer, removed manually using other tools, or overwritten with unpatched versions of the same thing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2010 08:21PM by SifJar.
January 07, 2010 12:27AM
ok... thanks a bunch...
one last newbie question....
how do i format my SD card with VISTA... not sure which format to use FAT 16 bit?
January 07, 2010 12:51AM
Either.
January 10, 2010 07:56AM
ok.. i got the homebrew stuff loaded... works :)n
thanks guys

im trying to get the usb loader to work....
quick question... what is cios?
safe?
January 10, 2010 07:58AM
USB loaders are not permitted here.
January 10, 2010 05:56PM
lemme rephrase my question... what is a cIOS? What is the WADLoader for?
January 10, 2010 07:21PM
WADLoader? No such thing. There are WAD Installers and stuff but they're mostly unsupported here and used for piracy...

Anyway, a cIOS is an IOS which has had a number of patches applied to it, and usually a module or two added, often for the purposes of "backup" loading or for USB access (e.g. MPlayerCE cIOS allowing media playback from USB). Any "backup" related cIOS is unsupported here.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.