Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cannot detect media

Posted by stickx911 
Cannot detect media
January 13, 2010 11:48PM
I must be missing something. I did search the forums, and I was unable to find a similar problem so I assume I'm having a slow moment.

I installed HB just fine, the channel apears. My SD card loads apps. but once I get say the nes emulator up, it unmounts the SD card and the emulator is unable to load anything (from sd, dvd, usb). If I exit the emulator nothing shows up in the home brew channel until I remove the SD card and put it back in.

Here's how I got here (in case I messed up along the way).

I have 2 SD cards.

The first is a 4gb stick that is my primary.

The second is a 32mb stick I used to install the app.

I formatted the 32mb stick and put the required software on it.

I then followed the directions specifically (but excluded bootmii as per the recomendation)

I installed homebrew and xdvd

I exited, and then I switched to the 4gb stick.

I put the software in the apps folder

roms or extras in their respective rom folders.

Put it back in. and ... nothing

I tried usb, I tried dvd (dvd crashed the wii,black screen loud noise).

Any ideas? I am about to try a regular home brew game and see if that works, but the only thing I really wanted to ge to work were the roms.
Even if you just have some better search terms for me that might cover this issue I'd be happy as I just don't know where else to go.

Thanks in advance!
Re: Cannot detect media
January 14, 2010 08:34PM
I tried to uninstall and re install. and I'm still not able to get anywhere. The homebrew browser won't even load.

I still can't figure out what I missed.

Thanks though.
January 14, 2010 08:44PM
Alright, well I tried another SD card and it worked, but that card is only 32mb...lol, so I'm trying to reformat my 4gb again for a third time, maybe that'll do the trick.
January 14, 2010 08:48PM
Does the 4GB SD card work in HBC for loading apps off? It may be incompatible with libogc, in which case sadly it will not work for homebrew. There is a compatibility list here: [wiibrew.org] Note: This is not an exhaustive list.
January 14, 2010 09:13PM
Is it an SDHC card?
January 14, 2010 10:46PM
Yes to both. Thanks for the list, What threw me off was that it would load apps, but the apps wouldn't read data. I just went and bought a 2gb sd card. and that works flawlessly. Thanks for the leads...I suppose going through one step by step is never the whole story. But at least the thread will be there if someone else has a similar problem and searches.

On a side note I'm having some minor problems with getting my classic controller and usb to work and a few other things...but I suppose I'll take another couple of days to figure it out. I'm sure I'll get there in time.

Thanks again for trying to help, it really is greatly appreciated.
January 14, 2010 11:31PM
Third party classic controllers aren't supported in libogc so unless its an official Nintendo one, you will not be able to use it with emulators. And what are you referring to by USB? Loading media/emulator ROMs or loading Wii game "backups"? You should know that the later is unsupported here and refrain from asking about that if that is what you meant, but if you are talking about the former, that is fine and we will try to help you with any problems you have.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login