Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Freezes up

Posted by HamsterXD 
Freezes up
January 29, 2010 06:46PM
My Wii v. is 4.2U, and my prob is my Wii freezes up once it enters the SD tab in channels.

I just came back from UK and bought a few games, then i realize that my machine is US and that it is not compatible with PAL games, so i searched whole night and discovered this 'homebrew channel' and bannerbomb thing.

I did everything it said from this url, [beyondtheconsole.blogspot.com] , and also [bannerbomb.qoid.us] , but once it goes into the SD tab in channels, FREEZE!

I did everything, including reformatting my SD card, and also used all other versions (abd6a , abd69 and also abd6b) . What else can i, or should i do?? Im from MALAYSIA so Wii games here are VERY expensive (rm200 onwards) so when i was in UK, the games there are cheaper (After converting it to RM, it is around RM50 - RM180max), therefore i bought alot, and now i can play any of them, so please HELP!!! (PS, i do not have TWILIGHT PRINCESS therefore can do the twilight hack).

PS: in the latest version of hackmii (v.0.6), there is no 'installer.elf', but instead, it is instantly named, 'boot.elf'

Here is everything i've done :

1) Have Winrar'd/extracted the latest aa1df_v108 Banner Bomb to an SD card. Only one directory labeled "private," all subdirectories exist, and one file the content.bin.

2) Extracted the HackMii Installer V0.6 to the same SD card, copied the boot.elf and put it in the root directory. Deleted the HackMii directory.

3) I even checked the content.bin file to make sure the check box was 'ticked for "Archive". I tried it unchecked, checked/rechecked, and checked.

Put in my SD card into the Wii before turning it on (SD card format is FAT32) , then turn it on. After that, i navigated it to Data Management->Channels->SD, and poof, it freezes.

PLEASE HELP!
Re: Freezes up
January 29, 2010 06:55PM
Go to the SD card menu. Bannerbomb is used from data management only on system menu 3.0 to 4.1.
January 29, 2010 07:22PM
then what do i do to play the PAL games? just put in the CD?

thx, it worked, now i have bootmii
January 29, 2010 07:24PM
HamsterXD
then what do i do to play the PAL games? just put in the CD?

thx, it worked, now i have bootmii
Launch the games through Gecko OS.
January 29, 2010 07:26PM
Launch the game through Gecko OS. If you want to be able to launch the game from the disc channel, use StartPatch or Priiloader hacks.
January 29, 2010 07:31PM
where is Gecko OS? I have the game CD's, i put it into the cd slot (i have homebrew channel now) , then, what do i do? Do i have to download the GEcko OS thing?
January 29, 2010 09:34PM
What do you mean "Where is gecko os?" We just both gave you a download link. Download, put it on your SD card, and launch it through the HBC.

Edit: Also, if you're putting a CD in the wii's disk drive, the wii won't be able to read it. You need to put in a game disk or a DVD.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2010 09:35PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login