Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Newcomer to run homebrew on an australian wii

Posted by Flinders 
Newcomer to run homebrew on an australian wii
March 02, 2010 09:13AM
Hi All

I have an australian Wii with Systerm Menu V 3.1E and Serial Number: LAH10. I accumulaed a stack of australian games but would like to run homebrew to play american games (typically Guitar hero 5). I read some stuff on the wiibrew website about how to install it but am not quite sure whether it's safe to do it on this specific version of Wii. My basic expection is to be able to play both australian and american games, and if failed to installation my australian games are still playable on the machine.

My understanding on this issue is to first install homebrew through Bannerbomb exploit or others and then install a homebrew loader such as Gecko OS.

Does anybody have similar experience like this or would like to give me some notices on how to match the right versions of homebrew and loaders with the machine.

Thanks a lot.
Re: Newcomer to run homebrew on an australian wii
March 02, 2010 02:05PM
Follow the homebrew setup tutorial to install the Homebrew Channel. Then use Gecko OS to launch your out of region games. This will not cause any issues with your wii.

If you want to launch out of region games through the disc channel, you can use Priiloader, StartPatch, or Starfall to patch the system menu. If you do this, you will have to update your system menu to 3.2, 4.0, 4.1, or 4.2, since there are no patches available for 3.1.
Re: Newcomer to run homebrew on an australian wii
March 04, 2010 08:34AM
It's now working properly with all my expections.

Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login