Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

priiloadr vs bootmi as boot2

Posted by freegame36 
priiloadr vs bootmi as boot2
March 14, 2010 03:28AM
i already had my wii backed up as boot2....i needed to install some programs and needed to install priiloader....i didnt back my wii up through priiloader.....do i need to do this since i already backed it up with boot2? if so, will it erase the backup with boot2?
Re: priiloadr vs bootmi as boot2
March 14, 2010 03:30AM
You can't make a NAND backup with priiloader....
March 14, 2010 03:35AM
i thought priiloader was a way to back up your NAND as well....hmmm....thats good to know....but anyway, i should be safe from brick since i have it backed with boot2 correct? also, should i back it up again to save any recent changes....or is the boot2 backup just for the settings prior to me hacking my wii (factory setting)?...does any of this make since? lol
March 14, 2010 03:41AM
freegame36
also, should i back it up again to save any recent changes.
If you've made changes to your wii since the last time you backed up your NAND, then I would suggest making another backup.

freegame36
i should be safe from brick since i have it backed with boot2 correct?
Yep. :)

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.
March 14, 2010 03:51AM
yes actually i have 2 more questions......1st and most inportantly, its been quite awhile since i backed it up...can you please refresh me on how to back it up with boot2?

least important....is save game manager a program that will allow me to save emulator games....we get sick of starting games over from beggining....lol....i hope this 2nd question was ok to ask....thanks
March 14, 2010 04:21AM
In answer to your first question:

Launch bootmii, and navigate over to the little spinning cogs. Press the reset button over it. You'll get another screen, and on this screen you'll see a picture of a green arrow pointing from your wii to an SD card. Press reset over that option, and then follow the on-screen instructions. Make sure you have at least 512mb free on your SD card, or else the backup process won't complete.

In answer to your second question:

Save game manager cannot manage emulator saves. I thought that the emulators had a built in save function?
March 14, 2010 05:55AM
^^They do. SNES9X GX, FCE Ultra GX, and VBA GX all can save snapshots, or sram files automatically. Not sure about the other emulators if they can auto save as well, but I do know that most allow you to access their main menu and manually save sram, and snapshots.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login