Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew Browser Disappearing + Emulators working only once

Posted by Rockwell 
Homebrew Browser Disappearing + Emulators working only once
March 17, 2010 02:18PM
Hi, thanks in advance for anyone who can lend me their expertise for this type of situation.

I have tried to the best of my ability searching for anything like I have going on at this moment in time - and I couldn't find anything so hopefully this will help me and other players in future.

Basically I put the latest browser on my SD from the HBB site and it updated - after a while of icon downloads I proceded to download mplayer ce from the HBB however after it was finished I looked in my downloaded files and it was not there - after exiting the browser I went to reset my Wii and as it came back I noticed that in my Homebrew Channel the HBB had completely disappeared.

I took the SD card out and put it in my comp only to find the browser folder completely empty - My first question is this: What happened and why was it deleted? - if it was a one off will it happen again next time I use the browser?

Now on the second order of business.

I had put on Visual Boy Advance GX last night and after putting a few gameboy advance roms on I proceeded to play - however I noticed when I loaded it up it said something there was something wrong with the path \apps\vbagx\roms

Which was odd because that was EXACTLY how it was on my SD card - after browsing manually to the rom folder - which was ironically exactly what it said it wasn't - I loaded a game and it worked perfect.

At this point my battery went dead on my wii remote so I plugged in a charger in the back usb for a few moments to charge whilst I used my other remote.

When I went back to the emulator menu everything I tried to load then and there was something like an unrecognized file - something along those lines - even the game I played previously said the same thing.

So I went back to the Homebrew channel to reload the emulator - and at this point every attempt at loading it results in it crashing to the black screen with Exception (DSI) Occured!.

That is it so far - I tried turning it off, taking the sd card out and putting it back in, turning it on - but everything at this point is a crash.

So for the moment I'll put a new browser on my SD, and I'll delete the vbagx folder and put it on again from a fresh copy.

Sorry for a huge long and drawn out post but answering this would solve some of my problems - and hopefully a lot of other peoples problems with this.
Re: Homebrew Browser Disappearing + Emulators working only once
March 17, 2010 05:10PM
Make sure you remove any external devices you have plugged in, such as USB devices, GC devices, etc. Then try re-launching your apps.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2010 05:10PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login