Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SD Card/Startup Help

Posted by siphorus 
SD Card/Startup Help
March 30, 2010 06:03AM
Hey guys, newbie question here. I'm going to frys tommorow because, quite frankly, my wii is collecting dust.
First off:
1. What type of SD Card should I buy? (I plan on running N64, gamecube, SNES, NES, etc. if possible). Really nervous on the size, cause I dont want to buy one thats too small.
2.Any hints/tips/advice to installing? Perhaps a link to a video? Or are the current guides on the wiki up to date? (I have Version 4.2)
3.Also, will I be able to play Wii Games online? (Or will I have to have legit copies to play?)
4. Oh, and for the final thing, I've heard not to downgrade, but If I bought my Wii back in 2006 and I format the memory, will that still be bad for installing homebrew?

P.S. Thanks for the help!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2010 06:06AM by siphorus.
Re: SD Card/Startup Help
March 30, 2010 06:27AM
siphorus
1. What type of SD Card should I buy? (I plan on running N64, gamecube, SNES, NES, etc. if possible). Really nervous on the size, cause I dont want to buy one thats too small.
Here is a list with compatible SD and SDHC cards. Any size will do really. If you plan on storing lots of data though, the bigger the better.

siphorus
2.Any hints/tips/advice to installing? Perhaps a link to a video? Or are the current guides on the wiki up to date? (I have Version 4.2)
See here. Most video tutorials are not very good. If you can't understand the wiki page you can ask here on the forums for help.

siphorus
3.Also, will I be able to play Wii Games online? (Or will I have to have legit copies to play?)
Yes, you can play games online. If you are suggesting that you have burned games that you want to play, then you should not mention them again. We don't support piracy here.

siphorus
4. Oh, and for the final thing, I've heard not to downgrade, but If I bought my Wii back in 2006 and I format the memory, will that still be bad for installing homebrew?
Formatting the Wii doesn't change anything, it just erases all data and channels.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login