Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BootMii Problems

Posted by iJerk 
BootMii Problems
April 02, 2010 08:46AM
Yeah more problems. Sorry guys I just want to be 100% Brick proof.

Alright so the problem here is that when I watch videos on how to install BootMii all there stuff is in Green letters Saying It can be installed..

Mine is diffrent, Mine is in purpleish violet, And it says it can ONLY be installed as an Iso. Where as in the TUT's it says I should install As Boot2. And well I can't do that. And when I install it as an ISO. It doesn't automatically boots up when I start my wii... So I'm kinda scared on if it's Installed and I'm 100% Brick proof or not. Any suggestions?
Re: BootMii Problems
April 02, 2010 01:21PM
First off IOS=/=ISO
They are two completely different things. You can only install BootMii as an IOS, it is impossible to install BootMii as an ISO.

Anyway, newer Wiis cannot install BootMii as boot2, and so the option to install it as IOS was given for them so they could still use it. However, it offers NO brick protection/recovery, because if you can access BootMii/IOS, there are other, better ways to fix your bricked Wii. Your only real option for brick protection/recovery is Priiloader, but it is NOT 100% brick proof. It should be able to recover all but the most severe bricks. If the System Menu or System Menu IOS is deleted or corrupted, Priiloader will not help recover. However, it is the best you can get. And no, there is no way to make it that your Wii CAN install BootMii as boot2.
April 02, 2010 06:33PM
So if I install it as a IOS I'm not brickproof. And can you pass me a link to Install Priiloader? Because I rather have SOME protection other then none. I can't be screwed with sending it to nintendo again and paying ANOTHER 75$
April 02, 2010 07:35PM
Priiloader can be found here. However, it will only protect you from banner bricks. If you don't install WADs or themes, Priiloader will be useless in terms of brick protection, but you could still install it for its other features.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login