Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BootMii not restoring the NAND

Posted by sickpuppy 
BootMii not restoring the NAND
June 26, 2010 12:12AM
Last night I ran the BootMii recovery and it does not finish the recovery process. The simulation went fine, I was then prompted to press the start button to continue. The recovery is stuck on RecoverMii......DO NOT POWER OFF, it's been like this for about 20 hours now. My Wii was not bricked when I used the recovery function. I had moved from my computer to my SD card

1)the bootmii folder
2)nand.bin
3)keys.bin

My Wii is 3.2U, never been updated past 3.2, BootMii installed as Boot2. I use a Sandisc 2GB SD card.

I guess my only option is to power down my Wii, just thought I may inquire about my problem, maybe somebody knows something I don't know.

sorry to edit my post, but I went and looked and it looks like the recovery process has stopped at the first green block (processed block) that is displayed from the simulation.

one more edit, upon further investigating, I find that a 2GB Sandisc SD card is not compatible with BootMii. Bad for me, that's what I used to create my nand backup, without errors I may add. And my 1GB Lexar is also listed as not compatible with BootMii. But these two SD cards work flawlessly with homebrew. I will get a compatible SD card and report back. And, I powered down my Wii without incident, all works well.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2010 01:10AM by sickpuppy.
Re: BootMii not restoring the NAND
June 26, 2010 11:27PM
OK, I went and bought the official Wii white 2GB sandisc SD card, what a difference the color makes. I am glad to say that the white card worked and restored my Wii back to a previous state.I should have fully researched everything before attempting the recovery, I'm just glad my Wii wasn't bricked when I tried this. The blue 2 GB sandisc SD card I was trying to use was labeled as working with an earlier version of BootMii, but lost compatibility with updates.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login