Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

wii ver3.1E IOS35 not present.

Posted by grampasso 
wii ver3.1E IOS35 not present.
September 20, 2010 01:29PM
Reading the bannerbomb hack, I first run wad manager , but it does not lists the IOS36.
It arrives to ios35 maximum. So I will ask how to proceed now.
There is a way to install ios36 using dopmii from sd card ?
Please if there is could you tell me in a idiot proof way ?

Thankyou in advance.
Re: wii ver3.1E IOS35 not present.
September 20, 2010 04:07PM
WAD Manager only lists files on your SD card; your Wii does have IOS36. You must run the HackMii Installer.
September 20, 2010 04:18PM
1) Your thread's title does not match with you say in your post.

2) IOS36 is contained in all SysMenu versions.

3) What is the purpose of you running the WAD manager? There is no need for that and that also is not supported here.

4) You ask for how to proceed with what? You don't even tell us what you are trying to do.
September 20, 2010 04:40PM
Sorry Axel,
you're rigth on the first point. was my mistake.
Well I read that the first pass of a softmod is to install IOS58 (Awpbrot). So I downloaded bannerbomb and launched wad manager using it. Trying to select IOS36 using wad manager, I didn't find it. So this explain my post.
Sorry again, I hope this would be more clear.

Thanks for the aswers.
September 20, 2010 04:52PM
No, installing IOS58 is NOT the first step for installing homebrew!

The first step is installing the Homebrew Channel, which does not require you to install any IOS previously.

1) Download HackMii Installer from here: [www.bootmii.org]

2) Place boot.elf in the root of your SD card

3) Use the exploit of your choice (in your case BannerBomb) to run it

4) Follow the installer instructions, install HBC and BootMii/boot2 if you are able to (if you aren't, don't worry, that's fine).

5) Afterwards, if you still want IOS58 installed in your Wii, which is not absolutely needed, it is just optional if you want to use USB2.0 devices on your Wii, then download Tantric's IOS58 Installer and run it through HBC.

6) If you decide to install IOS58, then you must re-install HBC again (the same way you did before) so it will find it during installation and make use of it. Hint: If you want to see which IOS your HBC is currently using, press Home when you are in it, and it will show you the IOS number it is currently using at the top corner.

After you set up HBC, anything else you want can be easily loaded/launched/installed.

Regards,
September 20, 2010 10:37PM
well, I'm happy to know that I read the rigth guide.
Anyway Axel thank you very much for your advice. I will try what you said.

Thank you very much and sorry again for the mistake in the title.
September 21, 2010 01:16AM
You should install IOS 58 before installing the Homebrew Channel. Otherwise, you will need to reinstall the HBC after installing IOS 58 for USB 2.0 support.

IOS 36 most certainly is not found on 3.1 or previous updates (usually). Though, it can easily be installed with DOP-Mii. You should do this after installing IOS 58 and the HBC.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2010 01:17AM by jbc007.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login