Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Disc Information?

Posted by Irrlicht 
Disc Information?
October 23, 2010 11:43PM
How can I find the Game ID for the disc in the drive? I have looked in libogc but still can't find out how. How do I find the region of the disc? How do I find the name of the disc?
Re: Disc Information?
October 24, 2010 12:13AM
If you can find the title ID, the last (ASCII) character (i.e. last two hex digits) will indicate the region. E is USA, P is PAL and J is Japanese AFAIK. e.g. RSNE is an American game, while RSNP would be the PAL equivalent. (Dunno if thats a real game or not, just an example).

The actual title, not sure if that can be found or not, you may need a database for that, listing all title IDs and the actual title. [www.wiitdb.com] may be able to help with that.

As for finding the title ID, I think the "easiest" way would be to open partition0 of the disc, and read the TMD. More info on TMDs can be found here: [www.wiibrew.org]

I hope some of this information is useful to you.

EDIT: This page may help a little too : [www.wiibrew.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2010 12:14AM by SifJar.
October 24, 2010 12:31AM
Thanks SifJar, I appreciate your help! :~)

I found that the starting ID is in: 0x18C and it is 8 bytes long so it go's up to: 0x194. So I would use a U8 variable to get the Title ID and print it. Am I right? If so how do I find the title ID. This?:

u8 TitleID = 0x18C;
printf("Title ID - %s", TitleID);

Would that work? It's probably not as simple as that is it?????????

Thanks,
Irrlicht.
October 24, 2010 01:29PM
I honestly have no idea, I can't program and so all I know is what you need to do, just not how to do it. Try looking at the source of other programs such as Gecko OS, see if you can find where it reads the title ID.

EDIT: Or savegame extractor, it may be simpler, if source is available for it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2010 01:30PM by SifJar.
October 25, 2010 06:58PM
Irrlicht
Thanks SifJar, I appreciate your help! :~)

I found that the starting ID is in: 0x18C and it is 8 bytes long so it go's up to: 0x194. So I would use a U8 variable to get the Title ID and print it. Am I right? If so how do I find the title ID. This?:

u8 TitleID = 0x18C;
printf("Title ID - %s", TitleID);

Would that work? It's probably not as simple as that is it?????????

Thanks,
Irrlicht.

Yeah your right, it isn't as easy as that. Look at the source of Gecko OS as mentioned. First of all, you need to use a pointer instead of a normal variable.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login