Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

questions about how to run and update and basic function....HELP ME OUT!!

Posted by ravenhair1722 
questions about how to run and update and basic function....HELP ME OUT!!
November 11, 2010 09:13AM
ok so my husband "modded" our wii about 2 years ago and to my knowledge it has not been touched since what i mean by

that is it hasnt been updated at all or hooked to the net. Well we are now divorced and i have no idea how to use my wii.... i

know how to play the burnt games and he said to NEVER update or it will hurt my wii. i want netflix so i need to hook to net

and i cant get it unless i update my wii. so the questions are:

1. Do i need to update the homebrew channel before i update my wii so i can get netflix?

2. i read that it may take all the homebrew and stuff away but i can DL it again....how hard would it be to re do it myself?

3. All i have are burnt games im guessing that if i DL the new version that i wont be able to play ANY of those games. Is that correct?

4. is there ANY thing i should do before this update install anything?

5. If i just hooked my wii up to the net would the homebrew channel do the update for me? i mean will i have to put anything on a disk from the computer and then install it back on my wii??

Really any help at all about how to do basic functions on this would help haha. I know how to run the wii i just dont want to

get my wii blocked or shut off or whatever they do because my douche bag ex husband decide to "fix" MY wii. I love the

homebrew stuff but i dont know how to be safe about updates and new DL and things like that.

Thank EVERYONE so much for your future help!!
Re: questions about how to run and update and basic function....HELP ME OUT!!
November 11, 2010 09:27AM
1. Yes, you should update the Homebrew Channel [HBC] before you update your Wii.
2. If you update the HBC first it will not be removed.
3. Yes. Pirated copies are illegal so you should just buy the games you want to play.
4. No, just update the HBC then run the System Update from the Wii's settings.
5. You can either update the HBC through the internet or use the HackMii Installer from your current HBC and update with that.
Also, your Wii won't be "blocked" however you can get banned from wifi games if you cheat online.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login