Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Will I ever be able to use Homebrew?

Posted by Smugleaf 
Will I ever be able to use Homebrew?
August 26, 2010 11:38PM
Baiscally, I wanna have the Homebrew channel on my Wii. I have version 4.3. I looked on the Wiki and apparently using SSBB I can get the Homebrew Channel onto my Wii. I'm thinking "Oh boy, I have SSBB". However, it also states that the game needs to be the "NTSC-U Version". Now, I live in England and bought the game Brand-New in England. So I suspect that with this version it won't work.

A) I wanna try, but will it brick my Wii since it may not be the "NTSC-U Version"?
B) Will I ever be able run Homebrew without buying an American Copy of SSBB or buying LIJ?
C) Should I run the risk of Downgrading just so I can use the other versions?
D) Is it worth it?
Re: Will I ever be able to use Homebrew?
August 27, 2010 01:01AM
You NEED Lego Indiana Jones or Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds to run any form of homebrew on 4.3. FYI, that includes downgraders, so C) is a ridiculous notion, regardless of the fact it is NEVER worth the risk to downgrade.

Smash Stack does not work with PAL copies of SSBB. It may one day be ported to it, but for now, you need one of the other games. You cannot run an American copy of SSBB on an unmodified PAL Wii.
August 27, 2010 01:06AM
A) It will not work. It may crash SSBB or it may not, but nothing else will happen.
B) You will probably need LIJ. However, I hear that there is now an exploit for some yu-gi-oh game, but I couldn't tell you where to find any information about it. In the future, it is possible that other games will be exploited, but don't count on that happening any time soon.
C) You can't downgrade without first running an exploit.
D) Absolutely.
August 28, 2010 12:38AM
A) Trying to run SSBB/US on your Wii won't brick it or anything similar, it will just not work, so don't spend money on getting a copy of it.
B) As there is no exploit for PAL version of SSBB, LIJ is your current best choice. If you don't want to buy it, rent it for a couple days, that would suffice for you to enable homebrew on your Wii.
C) Downgrading your Wii is never a good idea, besides as jbc mentions, you can not downgrade it if you don't first use an exploit on it such as Indiana Pwns.
D) Enabling homebrew on my Wii is the best thing I have ever done with it.
November 14, 2010 06:33PM
Thanks everyone. I plan on buying the Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's game since it has to be PAL and I actually live where I can get PAL games.

However, no more than a month ago, my Wii updated again. Am I still on 4.3 or some mysterious 4.4.? :O
November 14, 2010 06:47PM
Smugleaf
Thanks everyone. I plan on buying the Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's game since it has to be PAL and I actually live where I can get PAL games.

However, no more than a month ago, my Wii updated again. Am I still on 4.3 or some mysterious 4.4.? :O

I think you're still on V4.3, as I don't think 4.4 is out yet.
November 14, 2010 07:09PM
You are still on 4.3.
November 15, 2010 01:48AM
you don't need to buy the game, you just need to rent it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login