Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Smashstack Question -- Running 4.1U, looking to upgrade to 4.3U

Posted by dxmkrew 
Smashstack Question -- Running 4.1U, looking to upgrade to 4.3U
November 19, 2010 07:40AM
Do you have to delete the entire SBB save game file from your wii through the wii system menu, or just the custom stages? I'm hearing different answers from different sources. If so, Is it possible to use the savegame extractor on the brawl save file, put it on your SD card before placing bootmii/smashstack on the SD card, place the file safely on your coputer than proceed from there? I don't want to lose my savegame data, but i don't mind losing custom stages. will reinstalling the savegame data using savegame installer after homebrew is successfully installed ultimately screw with the entire process/possible cause a brick?

Sorry for the stupid question, or if any of this sounds confusing. I just haven't hacked my wii since the twilight hack worked, and I've been running Homebrew fine ever since. I just want to be able to play Galaxy 2 and (possibly) Epic Mickey when it comes out (assuming it doesn't come with another firmware update, which I'll check here for on the 30th).

Thanks.
Re: Smashstack Question -- Running 4.1U, looking to upgrade to 4.3U
November 19, 2010 08:36AM
Since you're on 4.1 you can use Bannerbomb rather than Smash Stack (which is easier). If you'd still like to use Snash Stack you must remove the custom stages (not the save).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2010 08:37AM by bg4545.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login