Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need some help to get started

Posted by wiredbomb0 
Need some help to get started
November 24, 2010 12:55AM
Hey there!

I just thought of installing homebrew application onto my Wii this morning (as I finally realised that I had a spare SD card to use), but I'm a little confused on how to go about it. I've looked over the guides on the Wiki, and all the types of exploits are a little confusing... Anyways, I've just got some questions. I live in australia.

1) I accidentally upgraded my System Menu to 4.3E a few days (before I had even thought of homebrewing), and I read that 4.3 fixed Bannerbomb. I was thinking of downgrading to 4.2 so that it would work, but do I have to do that, or is it possible (in some other way) to get it to work, or would I have to wait for another exploit?
2) Does Nintendo have anyway of tracking the homebrewing, and if so, is it possible to remove that trace?

Thanks guys!
Re: Need some help to get started
November 24, 2010 01:05AM
1) You can't downgrade without already having homebrew (and it isn't necessary nor recommended). What you can do is use either the Indiana Pwns exploit or Yu-Gi-OWNED exploit.
This guide should help.

2) Not remotely. If you send your Wii to Nintendo for service or something, then they will [usually] find it. They can't know that you have it if, for example, you are playing an online game (unless of course you cheat, which is stupid and immoral anyways). You can remove all traces if you wish, or if you have to send your Wii to Nintendo (in most cases).
November 24, 2010 01:15AM
Okay then, that's cool. So, all I have to do, is go down to a video store, borrow the game for the night, copy across the exploit and run it, and install the homebrew channel, and then return the game the next day. Would I need to re-homebrewerise my Wii, each time I update the System Menu (am I even meant to update the System Menu when it's supposed to be homebrewed?), or once I install HackMii, it's permanently homebrewed?

I don't expect it to stuff up, so hopefully I won't have to send it back, but if I have to, I can look into it later.
November 24, 2010 01:23AM
Yeah you can install in a matter of minutes so renting one of those games would be best. Once installed, you should not update your Wii unless it the update is proven to be 'safe' to homebrew or wait until there is a workaround for the update. Updates aren't necessary because you can update channels (such as the Shop Channel) independently of the System Menu itself.
November 24, 2010 01:55AM
Okay, awesome! I'll go down to the video store as soon as I can.

Thanks for your help! :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login