Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lost with BootMii

Posted by Rally1969 
Lost with BootMii
December 27, 2010 05:03AM
Hi all,
I just got done with the Install of the HBC but I don't think it loaded BootMii?? I read the guide but guess I fail to understand what BootMii does?
Please explain!
The HBC is working fine and I have already run some of the games from the WiiBrew website. Works Great!
Re: Lost with BootMii
December 27, 2010 05:56AM
The good benefit from boot mii, comes from having it installed as boot 2. It does good brick protection, if its installed as IOS then its not good for brick protection, but can do some things. I don't and can't really use moot mii as boot 2 only as IOS, so I don't use, plus I don't do anything dumb tp brick my wii anyway. One of the other guys on here that have it and use it knows more about it can explain it more, but thats the jist of it.
Re: Lost with BootMii
December 27, 2010 12:14PM
BootMii/boot2 is brick protection, the best there is. It lets you backup your Wii's internal memory, and restore it if your Wii stops working. Generally most bricks can be fixed like this (missing System Menu, missing System Menu IOS, region bricks, Error 003 (if bootmii is accessible) banner bricks, semi bricks etc.). It also allows you to launch applications using "MINI" which is Team Twiizers replacement for IOS. It basically allows full access to the Wii's hardware and allows for more powerful homebrew. However, not many developers have made apps for MINI yet. There's a Linux kernel and a NAND formatter and that's about it. I think the SDK may be harder to use than the regular one for normal homebrew.

Anyway, that's why BootMii/IOS exists, so that people with newer Wiis can use MINI apps. It has no other real benefit installed as IOS.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login