Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help installing apps, games, etc

Posted by 2FastLX 
Help installing apps, games, etc
January 04, 2011 04:53AM
I am a complete noob and am having a really hard time understanding all the lingo. I have a limited edition red Wii with 4.3. Surprisingly I managed to get Homebrew installed using Smash Stack. I was only able to get bootmii to install as ios or whatever??? I read the bootmii info and now feel dumber for doing so. Anyway, now I am ready to install some apps but my first attempt has left me confused. I am trying to install the Wii Home app. Here are the instructions modified with my questions...

Tutorial : Install Wii Home

* Place WiiHome.dol at the root of the SD card
* Go to preloader (0.27 minimum) ===> HUH? Where do I do this???
* Click on "settings" ===> HUH? Where do I do this???
* Change "autoboot" to "file" ===> HUH? Where do I do this???
* Change "return to" to "Systemmenu" ===> HUH? Where do I do this???
* Click on "save settings" ===> HUH? Where do I do this???
* Back to home and click on "install/load dol file" ===> HUH? Where do I do this???
* Select "WIIHOME.DOL" and press A button ===> HUH? Where do I do this???
* Turn off and turn on the Wii
* Congratulations !

I assume after I figure out how to "Go to preloader (0.27 minimum)" the rest will be easy?

Thanks!
=)
Re: Help installing apps, games, etc
January 04, 2011 08:28PM
You need to install Priiloader (the updated version of Preloader). This is an application which inserts itself in the Wii's boot process, and is potentially risky to install. If it goes wrong (reasonably unlikely I believe, but you can't be sure), your Wii will be permanently and irrevocably rendered unusable. All those other stuff are in the settings of Priiloader.
January 04, 2011 11:57PM
So should I uninstall anything before doing this???

As I said, I installed the Homebrew Channel, and bootmii.
It states in the Priiloader instructions... "It is highly recommended to install Priiloader only on a Wii with unmodified IOSs!"
January 05, 2011 07:37PM
No you don't need to uninstall anything. If you don't know what "Modified IOS" are, you most likely don't have any, unless you followed a "softmod guide" of some sort.(Which is a Very Bad Idea)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login