Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

video cuts out randomly when playing games

Posted by Tire_Iron 
video cuts out randomly when playing games
January 10, 2011 07:53AM
I've installed the homebrew channel, at random intervals the video signal completely cuts out, audio still plays just fine, and nothing stops, but the video just goes blank for about 2 to 3 seconds and my TV shows a pop up that says "Video Loss", being a first time homebrew install I'm more than a little disconcerted about this, is this an easy fix? is it fixable at all? Did I jack up my Wii in the first month I've even owned it?

I'm not sure if the video cuts out or not when at the system menu, I don't recall it ever happening, though it may be a matter of spending more time on games than on the menu.

further information that may or may not be useful is that it's a black Wii (so you might be able to guess what IOS version it came with, if that matters) I had updated it to 4.3u before I installed the homebrew channel, and I installed it using smash stack and have yet to really do anything with the channel, other than install pimp my wii as a WAD installer

I was looking through the options menu mulling over the idea of a system format, since there wouldn't be much that I'd lose, and I looked at the video options which prompts two options to choose between, EDTV or HDTV (480p) and the other Standard TV (480i) and remembering that my mom's boyfriend had changed the TV to 480i earlier I switched to Standard TV (480i) and in response I get exactly what I've been seeing randomly from my Wii, a black screen, and my TV prompting that it has no video input for 2 to 3 seconds. thinking perhaps it was coincidence I switched back and forth a couple times, and it did it every time.

(also, sorry for changing the title...twice, but I saw the post about helpful titles and though it would be a good idea to change it. for my third edit I added a little more information about what I'm seeing, really sorry to be doing so much, this is about as close to panicked as I get without there being blood everywhere.)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2011 09:23AM by Tire_Iron.
Re: video cuts out randomly when playing games
January 10, 2011 09:26AM
Pimp My Wii is a horrible tool and is not supported here. I'm not sure about your video problems.
Re: video cuts out randomly when playing games
January 10, 2011 09:32AM
nevermind, fixed it myself.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2011 12:00PM by Tire_Iron.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login