Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

playing us games on uk wii

Posted by pollardive 
playing us games on uk wii
December 22, 2009 11:15AM
totally new to this, while in america i bought a few games for the children only to find they are region locked, is there an easy way to play these. the wii is ver 3.3.reading about sd cards, homebreware. could some one explain how i go about this and what i would need please! thanks in advance.
kevin.
Re: playing us games on uk wii
December 22, 2009 12:41PM
First things first, homebreware is a scam. Everything homebreware sells was originally made for free. All homebreware is doing is selling free software.

Anyways, to answer your question, you can use TinyLoader or GeckoOS via the homebrew channel to launch games from any region on your Wii.
December 22, 2009 02:43PM
how or where can i get tinyloader or geckoOS and how do i get/ load the homebrew channel on the wii?
December 22, 2009 04:52PM
[www.wiibrew.org]

You should find everything you need on there. There's even a Homebrew Setup guide to help you out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2009 04:52PM by SifJar.
December 23, 2009 10:24AM
thanks for that, what size of sd card would be recommended?
December 23, 2009 12:02PM
Any size of SD card should be suitable, but I'd use at least 512 MB
January 07, 2010 08:58PM
right, have got sd card and did what i`ve been told,i now have the hbc on my wii.How do I use it and what else do i need to use other region games?
totally green to this so be gentle.
January 07, 2010 09:15PM
Use Gecko OS to boot region free games.

Create a folder on the root of your SD card called apps. Put the gecko os folder inside your apps folder. It should look like this:

ROOT/apps/gecko_os/boot.dol, icon.png, meta.xml.

Does that help?
January 07, 2010 11:08PM
The "root" of your SD card is the point at which you are not in any other folder.
January 08, 2010 02:17PM
now have a folder apps with the gecko os file inside it on sd card.what now? do i turn wii on, when on disc channel ,unable to read us disc.do i open hbc channel on menu and then ??

still have banner bomb and hackmii installer along with apps folder on card, when open app folder, i have boot.dol, icon.png, meta.xml.
is this right?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2010 02:41PM by pollardive.
January 08, 2010 07:46PM
No, you need to have another folder inside the apps folder called gecko_os. Then put the boot.dol, icon.png, and meta.xml files inside the gecko os folder, like this:
apps/gecko_os/boot.dol, etc...

Once you've done that, launch the HBC and an app should appear on the screen (Gecko OS). Press "A" on the app, and a little menu will pop up. Press "Load." Once you've gotten to this screen, insert the out of region game and press "Launch Game."
January 08, 2010 08:22PM
sorted, needed the other folder as you said, thanks for everyones help.
kevin and two happy kids.
January 08, 2010 08:37PM
You're welcome. I'm glad you solved your problem. :)
January 12, 2011 06:54PM
Hello,
I used this method for my gymnastics wii game and it worked, It took a while but it was worth the hassle.
Thank you so much, I thought I'd never be able to play on it because there isnt any other gymnastic game in Europe (well i cant find any others)!! and to everyone else who has the problem use that method. 5 STARS!
Once again thanks :)
January 13, 2011 06:51PM
You can also use Priiloader and System Menu hacks to load region free games through the disc channel, but you should only install Priiloader if you have Bootmii installed as Boot2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login