Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Region Free Wii

Posted by gtho351 
Region Free Wii
January 30, 2011 12:57AM
Hi Guys n Girls

While in Thailand we bought a Wii for the motherinlaw and was assured(we asked multiple times) it would play in Australia, well you can see where I am going with this.
Anyway after getting advise from Wii forums I have managed to load the Home Brew Channel and have tried to load Starpatch to fix the region issues.

The Wii is a 4.1U I have loaded HBC using BannerbombV1.
Below is what I see when I try to load Starpatch I have had the SD card formatted with both FAT16 and 32 which doesn't seem to make any difference

I place the SD card in the slot and now I see in the HBCthe different icons on the card, I high light the Starpatch Icon

I click to select that and it goes to a black screen with 20 Install Patches

Remove Copy Protection 1/5 to 5/5

Region Free Channel SD

Region Free Channels 1/3 to 3/3

Skip Update check

Remove Diag Disc Check

press Y NGC-PAD 1rt Port

Region Free wii Disc

Region Free wii - 1/3 to3/3

Force Disc Region

no menu bg music

No health check

and Move disc channel

Now I have tried a few different ones of the above mainly the region ones however they are all comming up with the same

I scroll down and select one then press A then it goes to a blank black screen with Green writing that says

"the patch section was not found in the DOL. Nothing to do" and down the bottom A to continue which goes back one screen

Have I picked a faulty Starpatch?

I downloaded all of this stuff from [www.wiibrew.org]

I'm getting very confused now because this all looks simple and should work and I dont understand why?
I have Gecko OS (which works fine)but I would prefer (for the motherinlaws sake) just to be able to throw a disc in and play.

Any advise at what I am doing wrong would be greatly appreciated

Cheers From Oz
Re: Region Free Wii
January 30, 2011 01:32AM
Try installing Priiloader rather than StartPatch. Priiloader has the same System Menu hacks.
Re: Region Free Wii
January 30, 2011 02:19PM
I'd only install Priiloader if I also had Bootmii installed as Boot2.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login