Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Newbie Help

Posted by MrBonejangles 
Newbie Help
March 01, 2011 04:53PM
Hello I am hoping someone can help me

I had installed an older version of home brew awhile ago. I have recently purchased a 2TB hp external hard drive. I am attempting to watch movies that I own and have backed up on this hard drive through my Wii through the USB port.

I know there is a way to do this but all the information that i can pull up on the web isn't making sense to me.

I do not now if i need a newer version of home brew or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading
Re: Newbie Help
March 01, 2011 11:06PM
Try using WiiMC (as long as the movies are in a supported format).
March 11, 2011 04:59AM
Unfortunately backing up copies of movies you own is a violation of US DMCA and is not supported here. Please try to ask your questions in a form that does not violate the site rules. I know, it is wrong, you should be able to to what you like with your dvd, but is what it is, and violates DMCA.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2011 04:59AM by mauifrog.
March 11, 2011 06:37AM
mauifrog
Unfortunately backing up copies of movies you own is a violation of US DMCA and is not supported here. Please try to ask your questions in a form that does not violate the site rules. I know, it is wrong, you should be able to to what you like with your dvd, but is what it is, and violates DMCA.
Not always.
March 11, 2011 06:52AM
How so, you can not backup a dvd without circumventing DMR. If dvds had no DMR it would be perfectly legal under fair use laws, similar to copying a cd. But all dvd media has DMR protection, even vhs has macrovision and DMCA say you go to hell for circumventing those protections. Not that is really bothers me, so long if he owns the movies, but perhaps just ask how to play movies and leave out the dreaded word "backup" This probably is not relevant in many countries out side the US, and many US states may have laws that void DMCA and allow such activity. Not in California though, don't know much about the rest.
March 11, 2011 07:19AM
DRM? He didn't necessarily say that they were commercial movies. They could also be homemade videos and such from a DVD. But yes you're right about the other stuff although if it's for personal use I think you can.
March 15, 2011 09:28PM
Not all commercial DVDs have DRM either, I've got quite a few that don't.
April 01, 2011 12:52AM
I need help!!! when i launch the hbc all i see is a screen with bubbles!
April 01, 2011 03:26AM
supersonic1001
I need help!!! when i launch the hbc all i see is a screen with bubbles!
Don't hijack other peoples' topics. I have answered you in yours.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login