Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii has issues V.4.3U Help tyvm=D

Posted by Vrite 
Wii has issues V.4.3U Help tyvm=D
June 15, 2011 03:07AM
My plight is this. My Wii up until recently had been working just fine(most likely the last patch sealed the fate of it) I was interested in installing the Homebrewchannel with the SSBB method but here's the problem. of all the games my Wii can read (so far everything I have put into the drive it's been able to pick up) my SSBB is the only game that it cannot read. It can read a "Fake" SSBB disk up until the initial loading than the error msg pops up. An Actual SSBB disk which I recently bought does not even register. Any light on this matter would be greatly appreciated. I can't out the Homebrewchannel it isn't bricked. It cannot read an actual SSBB disk and it was originally moded with a chip that now just doesn't want to have anything to do with SSBB =( the only game I care to play nowadays.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2011 03:08AM by Vrite.
Re: Wii has issues V.4.3U Help tyvm=D
June 15, 2011 03:29AM
Clean the wii disc lens. Try laying the wii flat on its side. Try another game exploit to get the HBC installed. Or do you already have the HBC installed and just want to play SSBB. It sounds like your wii dislikes DL discs, this is common issue. Since you have a chip your could take your retail dvd9 SSBB and mod it to a dvd5 version. Perhaps your wii will like the dvd5 better. However your wii can only load dvd5 if your system menu has the trucha bug. System menu 3.2 has the trucha bug, but I would not downgrade to 3.2 to get it- that is a very bad idea. Without the trucha bug you can not load the dvd5 SSBB, so if your system ios does not have that bug you can not load it. But if your system ios does have the trucha bug you could try patching your retail SSBB to dvd5, it may work better for your. The wii drive tends to where out and have lots of issues playing the dvd9 disc, perhaps cleaning the drive will help with that issue.
June 15, 2011 03:46AM
Older Wii's have problems reading dual layer discs like SSBB. You can try replacing your disc drive with a newer one (although I'm not sure about your modchip) or you can try a different game exploit as mauifrog said.
Note that we don't support modchips, backup games, or patched IOSes here on these forums.
June 15, 2011 04:14AM
One last thing, if SSBB RSBE01 is patched to 0SBE01 to autoboot, it will give error "Please insert SSBB disc". Your chip can patch RSBE01 to 0SBE01 to enable autobooting. If you are getting this "Please insert SSBB disc" error, disable autoboot, or update firmware of chip that supports SSBB.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2011 04:15AM by mauifrog.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login