Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

homebrew installer did not ask to install dvdx

Posted by anodoz 
homebrew installer did not ask to install dvdx
July 07, 2011 02:16AM
hi i have a white wii updated to 4.3,i installed the v0.8 installer and homebrew channel and when i did it gave me no option to install dvdx,it installed homebrew and bootmii,so i was looking for help to get dvd to work.its about a couple years old.please much appreciated if someone could help me out with this
Re: homebrew installer did not ask to install dvdx
July 07, 2011 02:27AM
DVDX doesn't work on 4.3 and is outdated. You can play DVDs just fine with the latest Homebrew Channel and WiiMC.
July 07, 2011 03:14AM
thank you i installed wiimc,but cannot load any kind of dvd.it goes to load and then says invalid dvd
July 07, 2011 03:36AM
Exactly what kind of DVDs are they? It should work since you have the latest HBC.
July 07, 2011 06:31AM
store bought toy story for 1. and a data dvd (dvd-r).i did find a dvdx installer in the utilities section,but i should nt need to install that?right.
July 07, 2011 08:17AM
any ideas?please
July 07, 2011 10:11AM
If its a new wii, it cannot play DVDs due to a change in the hardware by Nintendo (a new disc drive).
July 07, 2011 07:04PM
what would be the definition of new?i have a white wii would those be considered new or just the red and black would be new
July 07, 2011 07:22PM
If it is new, then it is new. ALL red and black Wii's are "new", new white Wii's are new. Not sure exact dates when the new drives were phased in. Probably about the time black and red wii's were released. If your Wii was purchased since then, it probably can't play DVDs.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login