Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I need help. ASAP.

Posted by Death_Eye 
I need help. ASAP.
July 11, 2011 03:35AM
I have quite literally spent all day trying to get this to work.
What I want to do is back up my GameCube save files to my computer. I know Homebrew is capable of this if I can actually get it to work. But that's ALL I want to do. None of this installing HBC, none of that BootMii stuff, just backing up my GameCube saves.
I've tried using the SmashStack exploit to get it to work, but I have a boot.dol, not a boot.elf like it says I need. I try renaming the file, and then it recognizes it but says it's invalid or something, retries, and then can't even find the SD card.
I know for a fact that the SD card is properly formatted, I've reformatted it about 7 times today in FAT format (not FAT32) with 32kB of whatever it was that needed to be specified in the formatting, something about allotment I think? Whatever, basic point is it's formatted properly.
What am I doing wrong?!
(Perhaps more importantly, how do I do this with a boot.dol?)
Re: I need help. ASAP.
July 11, 2011 04:36AM
You can try using LoadMii. Get it here.
What you can do is use the .elf file from LoadMii and using LoadMii load NuGaSa or whatever app you have that can copy Gamecube saves.
July 11, 2011 05:12AM
Okay, LoadMii works (I think) but I can't find any button that actually launches the .dol file. I'm only getting a browser-like function. And it doesn't recognize my SD card, so I had to put NuGaSa on a USB stick.

EDIT: Alright, I got it. I had to use Front SD ELF Loader, LoadMii didn't seem to work right. But I FINALLY got it.
Thanks for the help!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2011 05:46AM by Death_Eye.
July 11, 2011 05:59AM
Glad you got it working
July 12, 2011 01:38AM
You probably need AHBPROT or cios to backup your gc saves, so you will likely need to install the HBC, possibly more than that. I don't know if AHBPROT is used by those apps, they may run on ios249, not sure.
July 12, 2011 07:29AM
mauifrog
You probably need AHBPROT or cios to backup your gc saves, so you will likely need to install the HBC, possibly more than that. I don't know if AHBPROT is used by those apps, they may run on ios249, not sure.
I don't see why you would need either seeing as it's GC hardware. Also, he got it working so I don't know why you posted.
July 13, 2011 12:44AM
I did not know that gc could be backed up without any privilages, good to know. I posted because I love to talk to you, it gives me that warm fuzzy feeling, I love you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login