Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trouble viewing videos

Posted by versaboy 
Trouble viewing videos
August 20, 2011 11:31PM
Hi there, I'm new to this site and want to thank everyone for thier great support. I have been using my Wii to access the internet for over a year. I love being able to watch videos on my TV through The Internet Channel. My favorite sites were lubeyourtube, xtube, youtube, etc...
Since early this week however, I haven't been able to view ANY videos other than a few on youtube. The site loads but there is only a black box where the video should be. I've tried everything I can think of to try and rectify this problem but I haven't been able to resolve it. Please keep in mind that I am not too computer litterate. I can't understand why it worked for so long and then just suddenly stop loading videos. Even youtubelite videos won't play.
I've been able to install The Homebrew Channel and was wondering if there is a different browser I can download or if perhaps there's a way of fixing it? Any help would be greatly appreciated...I miss my videos!!!!

My Wii is updated to version 4.3u

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2011 11:36PM by versaboy.
Re: Trouble viewing videos
August 20, 2011 11:47PM
There is no alternative browser and no way to upgrade the flash player in the Internet Channel or anything of that nature. Presumably sites are now updating their flash video players to more recent versions of flash than the Wii can handle. Maybe Nintendo will one day update it, but don't hold your breath.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login