Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

wii ios installation (how it works?)

Posted by hvckz 
wii ios installation (how it works?)
July 28, 2011 04:58AM
just as the titles implies, how does it works.
this is about security....
encryption and hashing.

i have read the wii security over wiibrew,
how does the securities works on ios.
Re: wii ios installation (how it works?)
July 28, 2011 10:37AM
no answers???
wtf!
July 28, 2011 01:42PM
6 hours? clearly the patient type. Bear in mind that most people visiting these forums don't have the knowledge you seek, and those that do probably don't spend very long here or visit frequently. Also they may well be in a different time zone to yourself resulting in them being either sleeping or at a job, or y'know, having a life, rather than spending every second waiting to answer your question. Please try to be a bit more patient. You may also want to pop into an IRC channel (e.g. #wiidev on EFNet) and asking there for more immediate response.
July 29, 2011 07:47AM
irc?? already done that....
maybe, can you answer me?
July 29, 2011 10:45AM
Did you see this?

The ES (ETicket Services) is responsible for the security of Wii, making it OUR enemy! Along with the rest of IOS, this is generally considered a "private interface" -- game developers never call any of these functions directly.
Other than that page I'm not really sure where else you could find information about it.
July 29, 2011 11:53AM
bg4545
Did you see this?

The ES (ETicket Services) is responsible for the security of Wii, making it OUR enemy! Along with the rest of IOS, this is generally considered a "private interface" -- game developers never call any of these functions directly.
Other than that page I'm not really sure where else you could find information about it.

thanks dude that really helps...
July 29, 2011 07:07PM
hvckz

I don't know much. All I know is IOS are encrypted with the common key and then hashed in some way with the private key. When the IOS is installed, the ES module of another IOS (the IOS being used to install) will check the hash, and then decrypt the content with the common key and install it. AFAIK, it uses a standard encryption algorithm, RSA-128 or something like that I think. Maybe AES.
September 01, 2011 07:50AM
SifJar
hvckz

I don't know much. All I know is IOS are encrypted with the common key and then hashed in some way with the private key. When the IOS is installed, the ES module of another IOS (the IOS being used to install) will check the hash, and then decrypt the content with the common key and install it. AFAIK, it uses a standard encryption algorithm, RSA-128 or something like that I think. Maybe AES.

very nice explanation given.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login