Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I'm scared about bricking my Wii.

Posted by JosephLeakey 
I'm scared about bricking my Wii.
October 13, 2011 06:56PM
REDACTED

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2011 06:30PM by JosephLeakey.
Re: I'm scared about bricking my Wii.
October 13, 2011 07:32PM
Installing the Homebrew Channel has never bricked a Wii. If you messed with other stuff then that's the cause.
Use Letterbomb to install the HBC if you'd like by following the guide here: [wiisixtyfour.webs.com]
October 13, 2011 08:00PM
It is impossible to brick simply by installing Homebrew Channel.

This clearly NOT what you did the last time. Your use of the word "softmod" implies you are referring to the pathetic guides littered around the internet which will, to varying degrees, generally mess up your Wii if you don't know what you're doing properly. This is most likely what you were doing last time, and most likely why you bricked your last Wii.

If you tell us what it is you want to get out of your Wii by installing HBC, we can tell you the risks involved. (Bear in mind that anything involving patching IOS, installing cIOS, running pirated software of any type, running "backups", installing WiiWare or Virtual Console WADs is against the rules of this forum and is all stuff that can lead to huge problems if done wrong)
October 13, 2011 08:20PM
REDACTED

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2011 06:30PM by JosephLeakey.
October 13, 2011 08:40PM
No, you did not brick because you used the wrong version of bannerbomb. bannerbomb does not modify NAND in any way is impossible to brick using it, regardless of the version.

You must have run something from HBC (i.e. another app) that bricked your Wii.
October 13, 2011 08:47PM
The only Homebrew applications which I actually remember using with the HBC were GeckoOS and mPlayer. I'm looking to re-install the HBC so that I can use those applications again - along with SCUMMVM, of course.

Thanks for your assistance!
October 13, 2011 08:57PM
FYI, MPlayer has been superseded in a sense by WiiMC. It's essentially the same program, but with a GUI, making it a lot nicer to use and a lot more user friendly.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login