Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

System menu 4.3 region lock and Gamecube games?

Posted by Hard 
System menu 4.3 region lock and Gamecube games?
November 12, 2011 12:48AM
Hi folks

I've been searching for an answer regarding this but haven't found a clear one, there has always been someone who says one thing and another one who says something else,and I don't find much about this subject anyway

I have a modded Wii running System menu 4.0...All my Wii games are PAL, but plenty of my Gamecube games are NTSC as well(Baten Kaitos Origins for one!)...And sadly, my Gamecube has bit the dust, so the Wii is my ONLY way to play GC games at all now

If I update to system menu 4.3(or whatever is the highest now), will I lose the capability to play foreign Gamecube games? I know that Wii games will be region locked, but does it extend to the Gamecube games as well?

I'd be really thankful if someone can give me a clear answer
Re: System menu 4.3 region lock and Gamecube games?
November 12, 2011 02:47AM
First if you want to update, you need to have the current HBC which I think is 1.0.8 then update to keep HBC from being removed from the update. Now don't take my word for it, just from what I have read in the past and still learning I think you can run gecko os to run region games, there is also a way to do something make a change and force to run region games. But like I said don't take my word for it just what I have read in the past you can also check our wiki at wiibrew.org it has lots of info, also has a huge list to get all the great apps the dev's have made up. Maybe bg4545, and sifjar will be along and go into more detail.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login