Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Do I need to update HackMii prior to 4.3 system update?

Posted by Kurt 
Do I need to update HackMii prior to 4.3 system update?
December 26, 2011 09:14PM
I'm curious about the 4.3 update. I need to update, as I have quite a few games now that require it. I have 4.1 and HomeBrew Channel installed now, but it seems that 4.3 is wise to almost all hacks and uninstalls them. I'm perfectly fine with re-installing HBC, but when I read up on the update I noticed the following note in the 4.3 system page:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/System_Menu_4.3
WiiBrew recommends that you run the latest version of the HackMii Installer and then optionally update your Wii to 4.3 using Nintendo's official updater.

Does the latest HackMii have something that is resistant to the 4.3 update hack wiping process? Is the HackMii update really an important step prior to 4.3? If so, why is this?

Thanks.
Re: Do I need to update HackMii prior to 4.3 system update?
December 26, 2011 09:34PM
That notice is for people who are installing the HBC for the first time. If you have the latest HBC installed already (1.0.8) then you can update with no problem and your HBC will still be there. All 4.3 does is check for the [old] HBC title ID and deletes it. If you need to update the HBC then you can run the latest HackMii Installer again and install it.
Re: Do I need to update HackMii prior to 4.3 system update?
December 27, 2011 04:46AM
Ah, I understand now. I didn't realize that the current versions of HBC were invisible to the 4.3 updater. My 4.3 update went smoothly and I didn't have to reinstall HBC. Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login