Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Updating Wii?

Posted by Bouncer 
Updating Wii?
December 29, 2011 12:02AM
Long stroy short. My Wii is from 2006 never updated it to version past v.4.0 due to loosing acceess to something that was only avalible on these versions and after an update that was it, Or something like that.

As I said long story short.

Now wondering the pros/cons of updating now, Bare in mind I DO NOT play it. If anything it will be used for playing media from USB. Perhaps when I pick up Skyward sword will I actually play it...

Last time I was here we were discussing IOS freely...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2011 12:13AM by Bouncer.
Re: Updating Wii?
December 29, 2011 12:23AM
If you have the latest version of the Homebrew Channel, it will not be removed by the update. If you have BootMii/boot2, it will be removed but can be very easily reinstalled, simply by running the HackMii Installer from the Homebrew Channel and reinstalling.

Some piracy crap may stop working, but we don't support or care about that here.

As for pros: you won't have to resort to annoying workarounds to play new games; you can access the Shop Channel without workarounds; you get IOS58 without having to manuallly install it (this means recent homebrew can use USB2.0 without hacky methods i.e. better)
December 29, 2011 01:58AM
What homebrew would be able to take advantage of this? As I said I don't play the wii, Ever, Due to being "a hardcoe gamer"
December 29, 2011 09:35AM
If you want to play recently released games, they're going to ask you to update. This gives three options:
- Do the update; nothing bad will happen.
- Install other junk (with a history of causing random bricks) that will let you play the games without updating.
- Continue being a "hardcoe gamer" and don't use your wii at all, in which case why did you bother asking the question?
December 29, 2011 09:39AM
Stuff like WiiMC, the best media player for the Wii.
December 29, 2011 08:34PM
WiiMC sounds perfect...
January 03, 2012 08:28AM
why should I not update the wii even do I try it doesen't move someone help please
January 03, 2012 10:36AM
uhm, what? Could you try rewording that please? Perhaps using some punctuation may help too...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login